Cowboys two years away from Super Bowl contention

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
- look at what happened with Antonio Brown in NE Pats, ..maybe one or two games played, but once all the off field distractions came up, they cut him loose immediately.
One year deal so he causes that team very little.
Hardy was a former pro bowler, so I could see it being 11 million with added laden incentives despite the domestic issues.

- and look at Aldon Smith.,(who we'll have to make a FA decision soon) a hardy type signing, which we really got for peanuts contract for him, and yet despite that according to reports,
other NFL teams were placing interest trade calls for Aldon, despite his shaky history that was filtered with arrests, suspensions and other conduct allegations.

- Terrell Owens - and we know how utter knuckle headed he was. but he was also a dominant baller basically every and every team he's went to. But yes Jerry thought a big time player
was what we really needed.

- Exactly my point with the likes of Hitchens and Damien. as average to decent players, but they are more durable than LVE, and more tackling producers than what we're seeing from
Jaylon Smith. And that coaching atmosphere, scheme structure and surrounding talent allows to masks their flaws and emphasis what they do best.

- I have never heard reports that Kellen directly goes to Jerry. i'd have to hear an audio or see a link about that.
yes, a decision soon to be made on Aldon. he produced early, but given out of football for 5 years, he slowed down. I kind of expected that. you don't spend 5 years out of professional football and just pick it up, it takes time. I think we can resign him to an incentive laden contract, which if he goes south again, then just cut/trade him and not worry.......

TO produced, but as the saying goes there is no i in team....I have had teams in the past (technology), with very talented skilled employees and they failed to produce because they couldn't work together and pull in the same direction...I have had lesser skilled teams that produced, because they worked so well together, so that's the TO issue....the production is enticing, but along with the production is the locker room split and his teams ultimately failing.....

I have to look for the article, its old now, from last year, but Jerry said that he promoted Moore to OC and that Moore comes to him if there are any issues and he will be involved in resolving it. I didn't like garrett much in the end, but when a GM/Owner does that, he will obscure lines of authority and create the same issue with coaches being on the same page and being a team. we saw it in the end, when defensive coaches (I believe Richard was one of them) were yelling at each other on the side line....

[found this after I had posted)
a reference to that in this articles

Jerry Jones on why he believes Kellen Moore will excel as OC (247sports.com)

Jerry:
"I've said this to [Moore]: I want those new ideas," Jones said with a smile. "I want them fought for until the glass breaks. Squeal. Holler. If they're not being implemented, call me, but let's get in here and do the kinds of things we do to get the most out of a very talented roster."

Dallas Cowboys: Kellen Moore will call plays on offense | Fort Worth Star-Telegram (star-telegram.com)

Dallas Cowboys: Jerry Jones hints at Kellen Moore as play caller (thelandryhat.com)

Jerry Jones on Jason Garrett status, message to Kellen Moore (247sports.com)

Last edited:

Shane612

Reaction score
Director of Software Dev: Let's see if we can get it into Beta in three and a half weeks. We'll work on the bugs after the general release.
Me: But there's the next thing scheduled during the same time you want to work out the errors.
Director of Software Dev: We'll fit it in.
Me: You always say that.
Who's we?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Always 2 years away
Most teams could be if they had the FO str8.
Thats how this game is played today.
Talent on the field is obvious, but its only obvious if the FO is actually functional.
The Cowboys have a dysfunctional FO, so this is a prayer every year from fan perspective.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score