Cowboys' UDFA LB Luke Gifford: Sustains broken finger

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys' Luke Gifford: Sustains broken finger
  • By RotoWire Staff
  • Aug 7, 2019 at 1:39 am ET
Gifford suffered a fractured finger at practice Tuesday.

Gifford has made an early impression in training camp, earning reps with the first-team special teams unit, but he'll now have to contend with the broken finger. It's not clear if the 23-year-old will require surgery, but he could theoretically play through the injury.

Just when he was playing good. :facepalm:

Hope it doesn't stop him from being able to continue practicing, play during the preseason or make the team. Young LB has the size and talent to be a decent good backup for starters or possibly more, plus play special teams.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys' Luke Gifford: Sustains broken finger
  • By RotoWire Staff
  • Aug 7, 2019 at 1:39 am ET
Gifford suffered a fractured finger at practice Tuesday.

Gifford has made an early impression in training camp, earning reps with the first-team special teams unit, but he'll now have to contend with the broken finger. It's not clear if the 23-year-old will require surgery, but he could theoretically play through the injury.

Just when he was playing good. :facepalm:

Hope it doesn't stop him from being able to continue practicing, play during the preseason or make the team. Young LB has the size and talent to be a decent good backup for starters or possibly more, plus play special teams.
If they like him they'll keep him off the field and stash him on the practice squad or put him on IR for the year. Ala, Rico

Hailmary

Reaction score
Did it mention which finger? Not the worst injury. He can still participate in walk throughs and get his conditioning in. I think this type of injury is better than a pulled hammy or a high ankle sprain.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ronnie would tell him to cut it off.
About 25 years ago, we had a player at my old HS that tore off the tip of his finger, fingernail and all, when it got stuck in a facemask. He ran to the sideline taped it up and went back in the game. A ref brought the finger to the trainer. They put it on ice, but we're unable to save it. If I'm not mist, that kid played at Navy and was eventually a team captain.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
About 25 years ago, we had a player at my old HS that tore off the tip of his finger, fingernail and all, when it got stuck in a facemask. He ran to the sideline taped it up and went back in the game. A ref brought the finger to the trainer. They put it on ice, but we're unable to save it. If I'm not mist, that kid played at Navy and was eventually a team captain.

You still miss him, don’t you? Can’t blame you.