Twitter: Cowboys unofficial depth chart as Sept 22

reddyuta

Reaction score
I really thought Mcgovern will be further along then where is right now.Williams is below average and he cant even beat him out,its doesnt bode well for the future.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Those are meaningless.

Biadasz played when CW missed a snap.

Checking, Biadasz got his offensive snaps when McGovern wasn't even active in game 1.

We went heavy on T in game 1. Game 2, don't think we even had T's to go heavy with. Who was even the backup T? No other T even got a snap?

Know where there is a list for game day actives? Don't see it at Pro Football Reference.

John813

Reaction score
Checking, Biadasz got his offensive snaps when McGovern wasn't even active in game 1.

We went heavy on T in game 1. Game 2, don't think we even had T's to go heavy with. Who was even the backup T? No other T even got a snap?

Know where there is a list for game day actives? Don't see it at Pro Football Reference.

Might be easier to look up the inactive threadS on here .

817Gill

Reaction score
What’s new about McGovern backing Williams up? Lol how are you shocked nothing has indicated that McGovern would start over him.

Also fans evaluate CWill a whole lot lower than media and coaches so there’s that. At some point we need to stop thinking we are all NFL GM’s and realize that teams don’t play the worse guy. They want to win more than us, their livelihood depends on it lol.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'ma need them to place Knight at starting RT!!!

And, if Knight wasn't hurt vs LAR somebody has some explaining to do...Knight better hands down...so WTH are they doing?

Good point. No more excuses that Knight has a bad ankle despite not being on the injury report. He played and was clearly better than Steele. He should get the start. Weird that he didn't get it first week too.

I haven't liked what Philbin has been doing with the oline depth chart all through camp, and it has extended into the season.

And when are we going to start talking about replacing Williams at LG?

He has not been starter quality two weeks in a row. I'd expect Knight to play better at this point, and McGovern was drafted as a LG. I've never heard anything *bad* about McGovern, just was out last year. If healthy last year, I considered him a legitimate option to start based on his college work.

Could be that they consider Williams the best option longer term, but he's still ramping up after his knee surgery because he had little time with the knee healthy enough to properly train. They're letting him train his way into play shape as the starter.

lockster

Reaction score
Doh! Eric Smith and Alex Light are listed on the web roster as OT instead of T. Neither has been game active yet.

It's astounding how inept the Cowboys web site is for marketing man Jerry. I'd fire an intern doing that poorly.
I've thought the same for years.. how hard is it to keep a site updated?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In the past it was on nfl.com: https://www.nfl.com/inactives/

You can download the Gamebook after the game. It is a pdf file with all details about the game including inactive players and snap counts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doh! Eric Smith and Alex Light are listed on the web roster as OT instead of T. Neither has been game active yet.

It's astounding how inept the Cowboys web site is for marketing man Jerry. I'd fire an intern doing that poorly.
T and OT are the same thing...

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I don't think we have another T on the active roster. Right now, Tyron, Steele, and Knight.

Can't find any backup T for the Falcons game. Anyone know of one?

Yeah, I am just wondering if it is Knight, Williams, the new guy Light. Just curious if Steele went down, who plays.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Usually only one swing tackle is taken to the game , I thunk
Usually yes. However, take a look at DE. Griffin is listed as backup for each. Doesn't matter a whole lot if we know I guess, but that was the one I really had questions about last week. Hopefully we won't find out (no injuries).