Cowboys virtual interview with Gregory Rousseau

Gaede

Reaction score
So let's get this straight. They've released vids from Horn, Surtain, Pitts, and Rousseau...

Is this someone we should be talking about more?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So let's get this straight. They've released vids from Horn, Surtain, Pitts, and Rousseau...

Is this someone we should be talking about more?
I wonder how many they have done. IIRC all of them were leaked last year, and most posted.

Only a handful are out this year

Gaede

Reaction score
I wonder how many they have done. IIRC all of them were leaked last year, and most posted.

Only a handful are out this year

Yeah it's just an odd selection so far. Could be the media team is looking at it like, who are the biggest names to the layperson

cnuball21

Reaction score
I"m kind of torn on Rousseau.

- Part of me sees a kid with great size / length, ability to get off blocks with good instincts, and decent straight speed that is still learning to play DL.
- The other side of me sees a linear athlete that doesn't have the overall athleticism to be a + edge defender.

I don't think he's every to going to be a 10+ sack guy, but I think he could play the Crawford role if he can get stronger and can give you a ton of snaps along the DL. I'm just not sure I'm good with that at 44...I don't know how I'd feel.

Gaede

Reaction score

- Part of me sees a kid with great size / length, ability to get off blocks with good instincts, and decent straight speed that is still learning to play DL.
- The other side of me sees a linear athlete that doesn't have the overall athleticism to be a + edge defender.

I don't think he's every to going to be a 10+ sack guy, but I think he could play the Crawford role if he can get stronger and can give you a ton of snaps along the DL. I'm just not sure I'm good with that at 44...I don't know how I'd feel.

Same. He's a weird dude to contemplate. Times he looks like he doesn't belong, and others where he dominates the guy in front of him.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
hmmmm......think we are looking at defense :) i am curious to see if they met with Slater or Sewell...we know they met with Pitts.

hendog86

Reaction score
To me he looks like he just wins on athleticism, when he wins. He doesn’t seem to have much of a plan or pass rushing technique. If he’s a good teammate, hard worker and has the willingness to learn his craft and put the work in I think he has a lot of potential.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That's pick 44 kids.

Been saying it for weeks.

And I want props when it hits lol...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

To me I see a David Irving starter kit.

If he's there in round 2 I think you sprint to the podium.

Do I feel great about this pick? Not at all but we're looking to hit a homerun and not a base hit.

If he's Irving with a good head on his shoulders then we just hit the lotto.

chicago JK

Reaction score
He is a guy you really want to see how he backed up a strong season the year before. Sometimes it shows his high sack season was a fluke and other times they back it up with another strong season. Some of the other guys who sat out, but have the right measurables, may get a little bit of a pass. Rousseau is sort of an odd build and that could hurt him with the year off between playing. I think he is one of the bigger boom or bust guys in the first round.

reddyuta

Reaction score

Do I feel great about this pick? Not at all but we're looking to hit a homerun and not a base hit.

Irving was a freak athlete though.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I’d need to know who else is on the board before I can sign off...but I guess I could get on board if Rousseau is BPA.