Cowboys virtual interview with Gregory Rousseau

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To me I see a David Irving starter kit.

If he's there in round 2 I think you sprint to the podium.

Do I feel great about this pick? Not at all but we're looking to hit a homerun and not a base hit.

If he's Irving with a good head on his shoulders then we just hit the lotto.
Ive always liked what he could become. I think my biggest negative with him, is we might not get much if anything in 2021. But you dont draft for today

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I"m kind of torn on Rousseau.

- Part of me sees a kid with great size / length, ability to get off blocks with good instincts, and decent straight speed that is still learning to play DL.
- The other side of me sees a linear athlete that doesn't have the overall athleticism to be a + edge defender.

I don't think he's every to going to be a 10+ sack guy, but I think he could play the Crawford role if he can get stronger and can give you a ton of snaps along the DL. I'm just not sure I'm good with that at 44...I don't know how I'd feel.
I think he could be if he is played in the right places. If you try to make him a 7T on either side of the line, it wont work out. Playing in gaps from 3 to 6, he could end a 7 to 10 sack guy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To me I see a David Irving starter kit.

If he's there in round 2 I think you sprint to the podium.

Do I feel great about this pick? Not at all but we're looking to hit a homerun and not a base hit.

If he's Irving with a good head on his shoulders then we just hit the lotto.
I think his generous comp for me is somewhere between Campbell and Irving. I think he could a power LDE like Campbell has at times in his career.

Croomraider

Reaction score
So let's get this straight. They've released vids from Horn, Surtain, Pitts, and Rousseau...

Is this someone we should be talking about more?

Parsons. I'm a Surtain fan for his fit and skill set but Parsons is by far and away the best defender in this class. It's not even close. 5-10 dominate years. Cowboys could be playing it cool because they realize they might land the best defender in the draft at pick 10.

cowboyec

Reaction score
very intrigued.
love his size.
i would love to get him @44...but DEs go quickly...i think he'll be long gone by then.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I"m kind of torn on Rousseau.

- Part of me sees a kid with great size / length, ability to get off blocks with good instincts, and decent straight speed that is still learning to play DL.
- The other side of me sees a linear athlete that doesn't have the overall athleticism to be a + edge defender.

I don't think he's every to going to be a 10+ sack guy, but I think he could play the Crawford role if he can get stronger and can give you a ton of snaps along the DL. I'm just not sure I'm good with that at 44...I don't know how I'd feel.
Not to type cast him, but I keep seeing the name "Taco" every time Rousseau comes up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not to type cast him, but I keep seeing the name "Taco" every time Rousseau comes up.

Taco was a fringe 1st round prospect he just didn't hit. We took him where he was supposed to go it just didn't work out.

If we can get a fringe 1st round talent at 44 I'm taking it every time.