Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers 2nd half game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Looked up that rule on the substitution. We just waited too long to get the offense out there.

RULE 5 PLAYERS, SUBSTITUTES, EQUIPMENT, GENERAL RULES
SECTION 2 SUBSTITUTES AND WITHDRAWN PLAYERS

ARTICLE 10. DEFENSIVE MATCHUPS FOLLOWING SUBSTITUTIONS. If a substitution is made by the offense, the offense shall not be permitted to snap the ball until the defense has been permitted to respond with its substitutions. While in the process of a substitution (or simulated substitution), the offense is prohibited from rushing quickly to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball in an obvious attempt to cause a defensive foul (i.e., too many men on the field). If the offense substitutes, the following
procedure will apply:

(a) The Umpire will stand over the ball until the Referee deems that the defense has had a reasonable time to complete its substitutions.

(b) If the offense snaps the ball before the defense has had an opportunity to complete its substitutions, and a defensive foul for too many players on the field results, no penalties will be enforced, except for personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, and the down will be replayed. At this time, the Referee will notify the head coach that any further use of this tactic will result in a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. The game clock will be reset to the time remaining when the snap occurred, and the clock will start on the snap.

Note: The quick-snap rule does not apply after the two-minute warning of either half, or if there is not a substitution by the offense.

(c) On a fourth-down punting situation, the Referee and the Umpire will not allow a quick snap that prevents the defense from having a reasonable time to complete its substitutions. This applies throughout the entire game.

(d) If the play clock expires before the defense has completed its substitution, it is delay of game by the offense.

Cmac

Reaction score
He did. He just doesn't see the underneath routes at all. I said the same about missing Pollard on that sack before the INT.
That's part of why I question KMoore......have to teach.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I guess it's actually amazing that Dallas has maybe played their worst game of the season and yet they still have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.