Game Day Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread

irishline

Reaction score
lol.. so Romos 10+year playoff futility, throwing 5 picks in must win games, and making bonehead mistakes are not facts? hahahaha
Given that he has only thrown 5 interceptions twice and we actually won one of them thanks to Romo. No not really a fact.

The other wasn't really a must win game (though I'm sure you will make it one to fit the agenda). So, not really factual on 5 ints in must win games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutd...t-game-five-interceptions-035054191--nfl.html

The Cowboys have won a couple playoff games with Romo. In those games he has only thrown 2 interceptions (6 games). Not not really a fact blaming him for our playoff futility since he actually has, you know, won playoff games (and from looking at his playoff game history has performed fairly well (98 qrb) and generally wasn't the reason we lost when we did).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm

I will give you he has made some bone headed mistakes but he is far from the only QB to do so in the history of the NFL. There are many things you can blame for the Cowboys futility over the last 10 years, but Tony Romo is far from top of that list. Just like your facts are far from actual facts.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
After watching the tape Ron Leary is an absolute beast. I will enjoy watching him for these next 5 games.

Wilcox has made a clutch play in our last 3 games . It's been a miracle.

I really wish they would play both Collins and leary and G and move Martin to tackle. Get the 5 best guys out at the same time

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Given that he has thrown 5 interceptions twice and we actually won one of them. And the other isn't really a must win game. No not really.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutd...t-game-five-interceptions-035054191--nfl.html

Given that he has won a couple playoff games and only thrown 2 interceptions in 6 playoff games. Not not really.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm

I will give you he has made some bone headed mistakes but he is far from the only QB to do so. There are many things you can blame for the Cowboys futility over the last 10 years, but Tony Romo is far from top of that list. Just like your facts are far from actual facts.

There's the mic drop:clap:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Careful, I almost got run off the site for suggesting this several months ago.

I've been here too long lol it will take a lot more to run me off.

I'm not sure why anyone who be against it? Leary is a great player and should be on the field. Collins is a very good player and is only going to get better.

The only way to get the top 5 guys on the field would be moving Martin to Tackle

Lodeus

Reaction score
Watching the OT postgame show. Please tell me that jacket Dak had on isn't one of them team exclusive things. I needs it!

Reactions: BAT

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Martin doesn't have the metrics for it. 32 7/8" Arm Length. Not sure about his feet.

At this point I think we should just throw metrics out the window. Not sure if they mean munch. He has the talent to do it. We aren't asking him to play LT either. I think I be mives very well not sure if either of what you mentioned are all that much of an issue.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Tyron Smith with herniated disc, anyone have a time frame for that sucker to calm down. I am guessing weeks and not day to day.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
At this point I think we should just throw metrics out the window. Not sure if they mean munch. He has the talent to do it. We aren't asking him to play LT either. I think I be mives very well not sure if either of what you mentioned are all that much of an issue.

He's an interior linemen for a reason. Free's not bad enough. You must have the feet and arms for tackle first and foremost.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Tyron Smith with herniated disc, anyone have a time frame for that sucker to calm down. I am guessing weeks and not day to day.

From personal experience - months. He's been aggravating it since August.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I suspect that Free will be plenty bad enough on Sunday.

Maybe. If you look at film on Free and Smith both get rocked too often for my tastes but they both recover well. Free remains better than average even injured as he is now.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I just realized that they never put LCollins on the IR.......I thought it was a done deal but he was one of the 7 inactives today.......I guess they aren't too worried about the IR-Return timeline

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He's an interior linemen for a reason. Free's not bad enough. You must have the feet and arms for tackle first and foremost.

He played Tackle in HS and college and if memory serves leading up to the draft it was talked about him being able to play either Tackle or Guard.

This has nothing to do with Free it has everything to do with getting the 5 best guys out there. Leary is one of them as is Martin Fred Smith and Collins.

Sorry I don't buy 2 inches in arm length is going hinder someone from playing Tackle. Looking strictly at metrics is where these types of opinion forms, it's also why guys like Dak slide to the 4th and Romo goes undrafted.

I fully believe Martin can play the position without any issues.

You don't have to agree and frankly don't care if you do. Nor do I care to debate it with you any further. Have a good night thanks.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He played Tackle in HS and college and if memory serves leading up to the draft it was talked about him being able to play either Tackle or Guard.

This has nothing to do with Free it has everything to do with getting the 5 best guys out there. Leary is one of them as is Martin Fred Smith and Collins.

Sorry I don't buy 2 inches in arm length is going hinder someone from playing Tackle. Looking strictly at metrics is where these types of opinion forms, it's also why guys like Dak slide to the 4th and Romo goes undrafted.

I fully believe Martin can play the position without any issues.

You don't have to agree and frankly don't care if you do. Nor do I care to debate it with you any further. Have a good night thanks.

Thanks. You, too.