CFZ Cowboys vs. Bears: 7 Touchdowns, 7 Game Balls

Pass2Run

Reaction score
So, we scored 7 TDs today, for those of you counting. That means 7 game balls for key players whose performances were key to victory.

What really impressed me about this game is the fact we converted so many scores in the redzone. That's what made us good last year, by the way.

No field goals, all TDs....

Below are the players I believe earned their game balls today.

Prescott - Not much to say here. The guy was simply elite today. If you don't think Dak had an elite-level game, you should just go sit in the corner

Pollard - Not much to say here either other than Zeke picked a good time to sit out against a team that has trouble against the run.

Zack Martin - The guy was simply a beast today. If you have the ability to watch the game, I suggest you watch Martin in the first quarter, especially. But he was good the entire game. Like dominant.

Jason Peters - Peters was playing near the same level as Martin, although not quite as well. But I would encourage you to also rewatch his play. Of course, we weren't up against the best run defenders on the Bears defensive line, but Peters and Martin were really mauling up front.

Payton Hendershot - Probably a little bias here, because I've been tooting Hendershot's horn since before preseason (Malik Davis', too.). But Hendershot was key to establishing the offense early on. Then he came back and nearly blocked a punt in the 4th quarter. In time, Hendershot will prove to be a baller. I can see him being in the NFL for a long time.

Dante Fowler- Dude was in my doghouse early on with penalties and stupid mistakes. But he redeemed himself with some key plays that helped us close out what I would suggest is an underrated Bears team.

LVE - I truly have no idea what some fans are watching. More importantly, what they're concluding after watching just has no basis in actual knowledge of the game. LVE played a key role in our win today, even if he isn't perfect. The guy is a good player, and receives a lot of hatred from fans who don't know that they don't know.. If you were going to pick on one of our LBs for not playing to their potential, it'd be Barr who is playing under LVE's level of play.

Honorable mention: Micah Parsons. Heads up play out there to run the fumble in for a TD. Guy has such a high football IQ. And I know some will say Parsons deserved a gameball. But I'm not giving it to him this game. Maybe the next one.

EGTuna

Reaction score
cowboys offense had 57 plays with 24 first downs and 6 tds. so 30/57 plays resulted in a td or 1st down. in only 23 minutes of possession. sick (and kind of explains/let’s the D off the hook for giving up so many rushing yards).

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No Parsons on the First Team?

You are a tough grader.

Honestly, outside of that fumble recovery, it wasn't his best game. Not sure if he was actually 100% today health-wise. But his presence impacted the game.

Let's see what he does after the bye after some rest.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Diggs, Brown, and Bland made some nice plays also. 27 attempts 150 yards, I think. But that's still damn good.

Diggs had a good game too. But there were only 7 balls.

If there were 7 more imaginary gameballs, I imagine he'd get one.

cowboys offense had 57 plays with 24 first downs and 6 tds. so 30/57 plays resulted in a td or 1st down. in only 23 minutes of possession. sick (and kind of explains/let’s the D off the hook for giving up so many rushing yards).

I'll give you a hint.

We set up to play the pass, and they ran....

Haimerej

Reaction score

They went hurry up the whole 2nd drive. That contributed to the ToP discrepancy. Can't recall if they used that tempo more but remembered that 2nd drive because of how notable it was.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I want you to post all the great LVE plays, and I’ll let everyone post the LVE misses. I don’t get those who keep defending this guy. Watch the LB play of other teams, and you see this guy is near the bottom. He does nothing well.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I want you to post all the great LVE plays, and I’ll let everyone post the LVE misses. I don’t get those who keep defending this guy. Watch the LB play of other teams, and you see this guy is near the bottom. He does nothing well.

Defenders get beat!

That's the part some of you trumpet players don't understand.

That said, cool. I'll put them in an MP4 and upload them to YouTube.

You post all the misses, by when?

Not to mention, last game the guy had 10 total tackles.. Against a very potent offense.. Which was clutch for the team.

You can talk about misses all day. LVE has more responsibilities than some of you horn blowers understand, so it's easy for you to confuse what you're seeing for him playing badly . . . when he's really not.

See you back here when with all those terrible plays?

You guys want sacks, interceptions or fumbles . . . and that's not all his job.

They got ran all over today because they were in pass defense.....much of the time.

LVE made the stops he had to make when the situation called for it. . . and that helped us obtain the lead and never look back.

How about you post them.. I surely will. But instead of making other people do your work and back up what you say, why don't you post them yourself. I'll do them with my own analysis..

Will you? I'm totally a nerd. So, I'll hold my breath for you to back up that LVE is "trash."

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
Defenders get beat!

That's the part some of you trumpet players don't understand.
Agreed, but he rarely makes plays either. And he gets beat and misses the hole a lot more than he should.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly don't know what constitutes "elite QB". SO what did Dak do that make shim "élite" (whatever that is).

I saw a very competent QB out there that can win games. For me...dak has to do this against "elite defenses" to be considered "elite QB".

Maybe I'm being too hard on him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, we scored 7 TDs today, for those of you counting. That means 7 game balls for key players whose performances were key to victory.

What really impressed me about this game is the fact we converted so many scores in the redzone. That's what made us good last year, by the way.

Prescott - Not much to say here. The guy was simply elite today. If you don't think Dak had an elite-level game, you should just go sit in the corner

Pollard - Not much to say here either other than Zeke picked a good time to sit out against a team that has trouble against the run.

Zack Martin - The guy was simply a beast today. If you have the ability to watch the game, I suggest you watch Martin in the first quarter, especially. But he was good the entire game. Like dominant.

Jason Peters - Peters was playing near the same level as Martin, although not quite as well. But I would encourage you to also rewatch his play. Of course, we weren't up against the best run defenders on the Bears defensive line, but Peters and Martin were really mauling up front.

Payton Hendershot - Probably a little bias here, because I've been tooting Hendershot's horn since before preseason (Malik Davis', too.). But Hendershot was key to establishing the offense early on. Then he came back and nearly blocked a punt in the 4th quarter. In time, Hendershot will prove to be a baller. I can see him being in the NFL for a long time.

Dante Fowler- Dude was in my doghouse early on with penalties and stupid mistakes. But he redeemed himself with some key plays that helped us close out what I would suggest is an underrated Bears team.

LVE - I truly have no idea what some fans are watching. More importantly, what they're concluding after watching just has no basis in actual knowledge of the game. LVE played a key role in our win today, even if he isn't perfect. The guy is a good player, and receives a lot of hatred from fans who don't know that they don't know.. If you were going to pick on one of our LBs for not playing to their potential, it'd be Barr who is playing under LVE's level of play.

Honorable mention: Micah Parsons. Heads up play out there to run the fumble in for a TD. Guy has such a high football IQ. And I know some will say Parsons deserved a gameball. But I'm not giving it to him this game. Maybe the next one.
Sorry, no like for you here! Parsons did so much in this game, as always. I doubt we win it without him taking so much attention from the other guys. I'd give him the one you gave to Fowler.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Elite? Lol

Dak 21 of 27 250 yards 9.3 ypc 2 td's 1 int

Andy Dalton 22 of 30 229 yards 7.6 ypc 2 td's

Tua 29 of 36 382 yards 10.6 ypc 3 td's

So if Dak played at an elite level does that mean Dalton was almost elite and Tua was out of this world?

Dak played a good game but stop with the elite play talk as it dumbs things down for your posts.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Lol I love your posts but LVE? He was awful today. He absolutely can’t shed blockers and is as soft as tissue.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Elite? Lol

Dak 21 of 27 250 yards 9.3 ypc 2 td's 1 int

Andy Dalton 22 of 30 229 yards 7.6 ypc 2 td's

Tua 29 of 36 382 yards 10.6 ypc 3 td's

So if Dak played at an elite level does that mean Dalton was almost elite and Tua was out of this world?

Dak played a good game but stop with the elite play talk as it dumbs things down for your posts.
This is the kind of post that is ruining this site.