CFZ Cowboys vs. Bears: 7 Touchdowns, 7 Game Balls

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Lol I love your posts but LVE? He was awful today. He absolutely can’t shed blockers and is as soft as tissue.

Go watch the first quarter.

He was playing lights out when it mattered. We were putting the squeeze on them, and good thing we did that. And the timing of how he played when he played really mattered.

I'm going to show you a drive on which we got scored on. But it wasn't because LVE sucks. He made them earn it. Dude is tough. Those offensive linemen that beat him up, make more significant contact with him than, say, Parsons..

If I were to pick on a LBer for poor play it would be Barr, not LVE. LVE is playing with heart, and grit..

He also played well later on, too.

We got ran on because we sold out to stop the QB and the pass.. and that's what happened. Oh well. It was a decent day for the defense against an underrated offense, which is what I think we'll see from Chicago in the 2nd half of their season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Lol I love your posts but LVE? He was awful today. He absolutely can’t shed blockers and is as soft as tissue.

Blockers, you mean, he can take a hit from a guy who's 80 lbs heavier than him and still stay on his feet?

You realize, these are human beings subject to the laws of gravity and physics, right? LIke, your expectations are so unreal that well, they just aren't realistic for a human player... I mean, we still have to consider the fact that they are not super humans. Just good athetes. But to say he can't shed blockers is akin to saying Dak can't read defenses..

What I really like about the Dallas Cowboys this year is that . . . offense, defense, special teams, this group is playing for each other. And that matters. LVE is part of the brotherhood. Because he pulls his weight. He's not Parsons. But that's not his role.

Don't worry, I'm about to post a short clip showing him being doubleteamed. So, yeah, he was cleaning out the blockers.

I'm not going to record and edit the entire game. But I would encourage those who say LVE is terrible to actually go watch it.

JBond

Reaction score
They went hurry up the whole 2nd drive. That contributed to the ToP discrepancy. Can't recall if they used that tempo more but remembered that 2nd drive because of how notable it was.

A carryover from something that was successful with Rush was getting the play in quicker than past years and allowing the QB time to figure out what he was seeing and make adjustments using movement and other tricks.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
A carryover from something that was successful with Rush was getting the play in quicker than past years and allowing the QB time to figure out what he was seeing and make adjustments using movement and other tricks.

That's exactly right.

JBond

Reaction score
That's exactly right.

The whole waiting till the clock hits 10 seconds to line up and snap at 1 is over. Now we are giving our talent the room to adjust.

It allows communication and feedback from the line and the QB call his shots.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The whole waiting till the clock hits 10 seconds to line up and snap at 1 is over. Now we are giving our talent the room to adjust.

It allows communication and feedback from the line and the QB call his shots.

And it makes a big difference, too. I've been saying the same thing this season. The Cowboys are best when they can hear each other on offense, and making pre-snap adjustments like you said. I like the approach. It's smart.

During away games, they don't do it as much. I think because of the noise.

JBond

Reaction score
Wish we still had Cooper. He would thrive in this setting. Our OC has adjusted despite the beating he takes on this forum. It is the subtle things that make a difference.

Nexx

Reaction score
Dak did what he was suppose to do against an inferior team. Love that Moore started him off throwing quick slants to Gallup, dink and dunks to the TE's and RB's. Got him some gimme type throws and it opened up the medium deep routes to Ceedee. If that was elite stuff then there are a lot of elite QB's out there I guess. He was solid to good today.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is the kind of post that is ruining this site.

I suspect you're posting to someone I've ignored.

Wish we still had Cooper. He would thrive in this setting. Our OC has adjusted despite the beating he takes on this forum. It is the subtle things that make a difference.

People want a TD every single drive. Or they'll say Kellen Moore isn't any good.

Reactionaries.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Dak was not “elite”. Elite was how Josh Allen played today. Elite was how Lamar Jackson played last Thursday. Dak was simply ok. Which I would be fine with if he wasn’t taking up 90% of the cap space. He was a bus driver today, which is ok, but not good enough for a veteran of his supposed caliber with his pay. He will need to improve significantly in the coming weeks.

Pollard, Parsons, and Diggs were the winners of the day. Shout out to Martin and Peters as you stated. WRs did good today for the most part as well. Anyways, onwards to the bye. Hopefully our players can heal up.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak was not “elite”. Elite was how Josh Allen played today. Elite was how Lamar Jackson played last Thursday. Dak was simply ok. Which I would be fine with if he wasn’t taking up 90% of the cap space. He was a bus driver today, which is ok, but not good enough for a veteran of his supposed caliber with his pay. He will need to improve significantly in the coming weeks.

Pollard, Parsons, and Diggs were the winners of the day. Shout out to Martin and Peters as you stated. WRs did good today for the most part as well. Anyways, onwards to the bye. Hopefully our players can heal up.

16 of 19 before they decided to go for it at the half with 40 seconds left.

I'd say that's elite.

You're entitled to your opinion, though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
LVE - I truly have no idea what some fans are watching. More importantly, what they're concluding after watching just has no basis in actual knowledge of the game. LVE played a key role in our win today, even if he isn't perfect. The guy is a good player, and receives a lot of hatred from fans who don't know that they don't know.. If you were going to pick on one of our LBs for not playing to their potential, it'd be Barr who is playing under LVE's level of play.

LVE had a lot more physical game than usual today. Saw him hit and drive instead of just grab and pull. His detractors should be happy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jason Peters - Peters was playing near the same level as Martin, although not quite as well. But I would encourage you to also rewatch his play. Of course, we weren't up against the best run defenders on the Bears defensive line, but Peters and Martin were really mauling up front.

Peters played the full game? I wasn't watching the game too closely today, and never heard him referred to - which is a good sign for a LG. If he can get in condition, he'll be better than the alternatives, and should really solidify the oline. LG has been a very weak link for us.

Steele made that 20yard Pollard TD run happen. Got a guy turned in space and kept him from closing the hole that Pollard ran through. Just a great job.

We're probably better at run blocking than pass blocking across the board now, and by a good margin. Liked to see that we got more runners involved today - Dak, Turpin, and Lamb in addition to the RBs. We should let the oline lean on opposing defenses with the run game all day long.

Getting Brown back should help. And I like how our young TEs block. When *everybody* between the hashes can run block, you've got yourself a running game.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Peters played the full game? I wasn't watching the game too closely today, and never heard him referred to - which is a good sign for a LG. If he can get in condition, he'll be better than the alternatives, and should really solidify the oline. LG has been a very weak link for us.

Steele made that 20yard Pollard TD run happen. Got a guy turned in space and kept him from closing the hole that Pollard ran through. Just a great job.

We're probably better at run blocking than pass blocking across the board now, and by a good margin. Liked to see that we got more runners involved today - Dak, Turpin, and Lamb in addition to the RBs. We should let the oline lean on opposing defenses with the run game all day long.

Getting Brown back should help. And I like how our young TEs block. When *everybody* between the hashes can run block, you've got yourself a running game.

I don't think he played the entire game . . . just most of it. I think McGovern was in there earlier and let a defender blow past him to drop Pollard for negative yards. But after that, I think it was all Peters. And he was really playing well. Especially against the run.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't think he played the entire game . . . just most of it. I think McGovern was in there earlier and let a defender blow past him to drop Pollard for negative yards. But after that, I think it was all Peters. And he was really playing well. Especially against the run.

Thanks.

That's what I was hoping for out of him. We haven't had a *stout* LG for a while.

Let McGovern go back to his FB role. Seems better at it than playing G.

And the whole oline is better at run blocking than pass blocking. Run run run.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I want you to post all the great LVE plays, and I’ll let everyone post the LVE misses. I don’t get those who keep defending this guy. Watch the LB play of other teams, and you see this guy is near the bottom. He does nothing well.
LVE is a good but not great linebacker he earns his money

DanA

Reaction score
I want you to post all the great LVE plays, and I’ll let everyone post the LVE misses. I don’t get those who keep defending this guy. Watch the LB play of other teams, and you see this guy is near the bottom. He does nothing well.

Harsh. I think LVE is above average in zone coverage and good on the outside in space. He’s just utter trash at getting off blocks and a little slow to step up into his gap.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cooper would probably still be here if he had made an effort to block at the end of that 49ers game. The tape showed him just standing around.