Game Day Cowboys vs Browns Postgame Thread

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Every week is a new test. Passing this test with flying colors would be to dominate the game and win with ease.

Dak's mechanics were very good. I saw him slip up on a couple of passes in the 4th quarter, but that's what happens with rookie QB's that are learning new mechanics. They'll have those bad games and you hope they can clean things up for the next game, but by the end of the game they're likely to revert back a little.

The defense does 2 things entirely better than last year. A) They tackle much better B) They can play zone and mix it up with man defense.

I'll be interested to see the All-22. My guess is that it was decoy time for Dez, again.

Things are going well. I would like to see the defense force more turnovers. The Irving ejection was ludicrous. But we passed this test with flying colors and next week we'll get the Steelers.

YR

drawandstrike

Reaction score
EVerybody was ragging on Marinelli after the opening Browns drive got a FG, then the drive just before the half when they went 80 yards for a TD, but 10 points in the NFL is pretty good.

Here's what Marinelli has been doing with no real pass rush:

20 - Giants
23 - Commanders
17 - Bears
17- 49ers
14 - Bengals
16 - Packers
23 - Eagles
10 - Browns

At the end of day, it doesn't matter how many yards the other team got on offense. What matters is points on the scoreboard. And Marinelli has coached this unit into being very stingy at giving up points. In 6 of 8 games, they've surrendered 20 points or less. Couple that with an offense that SCORED 24 or more in all but 1 game, and you got a winning combination.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Every week is a new test. Passing this test with flying colors would be to dominate the game and win with ease.

Dak's mechanics were very good. I saw him slip up on a couple of passes in the 4th quarter, but that's what happens with rookie QB's that are learning new mechanics. They'll have those bad games and you hope they can clean things up for the next game, but by the end of the game they're likely to revert back a little.

The defense does 2 things entirely better than last year. A) They tackle much better B) They can play zone and mix it up with man defense.

I'll be interested to see the All-22. My guess is that it was decoy time for Dez, again.

Things are going well. I would like to see the defense force more turnovers. The Irving ejection was ludicrous. But we passed this test with flying colors and next week we'll get the Steelers.

YR

The reason that long pass play that led to the Brown's 1st score stands out is....that it's so unusual to see receivers running free after the catch this year. The only other game we gave up passes like that was in WK1 vs the Giants. In six other games, the secondary has been dropping recievers at the spot of the catch.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
All are good wins are starting to look like fools gold. packers lost to the colts at home and the eagles continue to tumble

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EVerybody was ragging on Marinelli after the opening Browns drive got a FG, then the drive just before the half when they went 80 yards for a TD, but 10 points in the NFL is pretty good.

Here's what Marinelli has been doing with no real pass rush:

20 - Giants
23 - Commanders
17 - Bears
17- 49ers
14 - Bengals
16 - Packers
23 - Eagles
10 - Browns

At the end of day, it doesn't matter how many yards the other team got on offense. What matters is points on the scoreboard. And Marinelli has coached this unit into being very stingy at giving up points. In 6 of 8 games, they've surrendered 20 points or less. Couple that with an offense that SCORED 24 or more in all but 1 game, and you got a winning combination.

The Cowboys have dominated time of possession this year. The defense isn't on the field all that much or the numbers wouldn't look like that.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The Cowboys have dominated time of possession this year. The defense isn't on the field all that much or the numbers wouldn't look like that.

True. Zeke is helping us hide the a defense that has no real pass rush. Also this it the only game so far this year the D didn't get a turnover. I really expected them to force a few today.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score

Although true and as much as it pains me to admit it... the defense has made plays too.. with their limited time on the field...

I don't think anyone would argue we have an elite defense even if the numbers were more favorable for them than it already is.

NickZepp

Reaction score
No one is going to say it's the best defense in the NFL or anything like that but it makes plays to get off the field consistently.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Eagles are done now that the book is out on Wentz, they are winless in the division and have the Falcons next.

Looks like the East will come down between us and the G-men..........if we lose the rematch in New York, they will have the tiebreaker on us so we really, really, really need to win the rematch or get some help from some other teams. The Giant's next game is against the Bengals so hopefully they kitties will do us a solid.

We should beat the Steelers next week as long as we get fair officiating........I have seen a lot of teams get screwed at Heinz Field by the refs so it would not surprise me one bit if we are the victim of some home cooking.