Game Day ***Cowboys vs Chargers post game thread***

ISUFan22

Reaction score
Everyone keeps blaming the FG. But no one is talking about the key holding penalty late in the 2nd half that negated a first down and ended a drive on the other side of midfield. Dallas offense was rolling at that point and looked poised to regain the lead.

Instead Dallas was forced to punt and SD scored on their drive. Huge play.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Everyone keeps blaming the FG. But no one is talking about the key holding penalty late in the 2nd half that negated a first down and ended a drive on the other side of midfield. Dallas offense was rolling at that point and looked poised to regain the lead.

Instead Dallas was forced to punt and SD scored on their drive. Huge play.

Dude, people are talking about a lot of things. I promise. :)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I wonder if other fans feel they are getting screwed by the refs as much as Dallas fans do.

Penalties

Dallas: 5 / 33

San Diego: 7 / 85

Gaede

Reaction score
That was a nasty game to watch. I watched a replay of it, over the last couple hours.

Defense was obviously terrible. But that offense was just awful. Is that the best we could do? Chargers had scrubs at CB and Dez can't even crack 100 yds? Very very very boring offense to watch, yet again. Content to get yards but don't go for the throat. Ever.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
This has been the Cowboy's mantra since the 1996 season ended. Different Sunday, same stink. I have never been more ambivalent about a Cowboy's season than I can remember. I was very hopeful going into a full season under Garrett last year because during the "Interim HC" Garrett phase Jerry (for the most part) kept his stupid, green toothed, stretch-faced, Gollum-headed mouth shut and when it did open (for the most part) he said credible GM things. With the smallest amount of success during the interim phase, he once again began saying stupid things and behaving in ways most credible GM's do not. I felt then and had it affirmed after the sample size of last season that Jerry would sabotage whatever good Garrett could do with his mouth and his ego. You cannot, I repeat cannot be successful in the NFL (because of the severity of what you are asking men to do every day) if there is not one man in charge that is completely competent and you are following his vision and that vision is clear to all. That hasn't existed in Dallas since Jimmy left, with one brief respite when Bill was there. I wish I were wrong, but Jerry won't win another Superbowl until that changes, period.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The offense has zero imagination. Witten is the answer to every third down.

The defense can't adjust to stopping the one player that can hurt you in that offense.

I watch the Patriots and it makes me want to puke. They always seem to have the answer for everything, the Cowboys never seem to know how to answer. The Chargers were made to look like Super Bowl contenders by the Cowboys who looked anything but, I admit they had me fooled again.