Game Day '***Cowboys vs Chargers post-game thread***

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Obviously Turpin was the star of the show last night ....... but a lot of the kids looked really good ...... Ferguson looks like a Vet out their ...... our young defense looked fast (cannot wait till Quinn actually starts game planning with that speed) ...... and our young running backs look outstanding ........

Just a preseason game ........ but some individual performances look promising.

Carson

Reaction score
Obviously Turpin was the star of the show last night ....... but a lot of the kids looked really good ...... Ferguson looks like a Vet out their ...... our young defense looked fast (cannot wait till Quinn actually starts game planning with that speed) ...... and our young running backs look outstanding ........

Just a preseason game ........ but some individual performances look promising.
The speed of the defense is insane. They just seem to swarm. This is also without Micah and the other starters. I can’t wait to see them week one

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just like last week the outcome of this game doesn't mean crap. So neither celebrating nor calling for the heavens fall is appropriate here. So many people here seem to like putting on a clownshow, it's really weird for the moderate observer. Oh, and those calling other people trolls because they are voicing their opinions are just the biggest clowns.
The win means little, but the potential in some of the players is heartening.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Feels like we may have enough depth to get some draft picks on cut day this year?

We found our punter, some ST aces, now our Return Man. Just need a freaking kicker which I’m guessing Haj just made the battle his to lose. Bones may make us the best ST in the league yet.
I hate when I see people piss and moan about Bones, as if he has his choice of players to field. The way he turned ST around from Day 1 is remarkable.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Na I suspect 30% is right. I can say there is a % of old folks like me. I fell asleep

but ya there were plenty of folks on here claiming gloom and doom last week. I missed Turpin punt return as well
I believe there's a thread dedicated to both return TDs, with video.

Carson

Reaction score
I hate when I see people piss and moan about Bones, as if he has his choice of players to field. The way he turned ST around from Day 1 is remarkable.
Punt game and return game are improved. Kicking game is an absolute clown show

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I love what I’ve seen from Turpin.
After going from the rigors of his earlier MVP season of football straight 8n to the rigors of NFL camp, they should consider shutting him down for a couple weeks other than classroom and walkthroughs. Let him rest his body. Even two weeks might help him recover a bit before being ground down over the next 18+ weeks of the NFL season….just a thought.

Plankton

Reaction score
I am concerned with Wright because teams are targeting him with deep passes and have been successful. I remember when he came in for Diggs in the Carolina game and he almost blew the game by himself. He keeps letting receivers get behind him.

He also made a business decision on the screen pass that Josh Palmer scored a touchdown on. He had a shot at getting him down, and made no effort to stick his nose in there.

Plankton

Reaction score
I thought that some guys who showed really well last night were Kavontae Turpin (duh), Tyler Smith, Matt Farniok (at C, less so at G), Jake Ferguson, Quinton Bohanna, and Israel Mukuamu. Guys who left a bit to be desired were Nahshon Wright, Isaac Taylor-Stuart, Braylon Jones and Jabril Cox (specifically, contain on Easton Stick). Turpin has real easy speed, and just looks like a natural as a kick returner. Mukuamu was active all night, and took a big step forward. Bohanna was strong against the run, and was able to hold his ground well during his time in the lineup. A lot to like, but a lot of work to go.