Game Day ***Cowboys vs Commanders Pre Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwehlers

Reaction score
We need the defense to win this one!
man this is going to be and ugly game today with both starting guards out. this team has had trouble running the ball all season now it might be even more tough to do. the defense has to step up and not let washington score like they did last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
man this is going to be and ugly game today with both starting guards out. this team has had trouble running the ball all season now it might be even more tough to do. the defense has to step up and not let washington score like they did last year.
Maybe let me drop some knowledge on you, I know we lost Arizona game we had three guys out but it was our best run production game of the year close to it so these backups got their taste back then and now they should be a little bit better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well we're under an hour the anxiety setting in,

it is what it is,

the overreactions to the inactive list it's getting old....

look people IF we can't beat this Washington team , an important game like this missing a few players when they're missing so much more players,

well were deserving of the fifth seed anyway...

Last edited:

lwehlers

Reaction score
Maybe let me drop some knowledge on you, I know we lost Arizona game we had three guys out but it was our best run production game of the year close to it so these backups got their taste back then and now they should be a little bit better.
so are our backups better at running blocking then the starters.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Well we're under an hour the anxiety setting in it is what it is the overreactions to the inactive list it's getting old look people we can't beat this Washington team in an important game like this missing a few players when they're missing so much more players well why were deserving of the fifth seed anyway...
Can't say it any better.

Aven8

Reaction score
Fast start is key. Team hasn’t lost when scoring first. It also will demoralize their hopes.

Find 88 and 87 and move the ball. Washington does not Cover receivers well.
And take the ball first. We’re changing the narrative on deferring.

blueblood70

Reaction score
so are our backups better at running blocking then the starters.
I can't tell you why but Tony Pollard had like 125 yards and the other guys added more we had close to 200 yards rushing that game I think it was like 178 I can't tell you why but we were missing three offensive lineman in against Arizona it had a solid run game... I just wanted to remind you you seem concerned about the run game and I just wanted to tell you the last time we had these guys in they did pretty good... I don't know maybe it makes the coach focus more on the run game when you're missing some of your best players and you don't wanna get your quarterback hurt maybe he's gonna coach with run first because most of the time our run game has been lacking and we've had to throw a lot to open up the run game but maybe when you're missing players you have a coach call plays a little more conservatively...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Fast start is key. Team hasn’t lost when scoring first. It also will demoralize their hopes.

Find 88 and 87 and move the ball. Washington does not Cover receivers well.
LBs are poor and the secondary is mostly backups. Expect a ton of soft zone. Ferguson and Lamb should be free over the middle. Too bad we don’t have a running game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Perfect, just a bit chilly.
Look I know you might be from Texas or the South but 47° is not chilly LOL when you're wearing pads and running around on a football field hitting each other you know doing something athletic that's perfect weather for hitting the big uglies... It's not cold it's not hot and if it's not raining and snowing then this should be a good game....

Carson

Reaction score
LBs are poor and the secondary is mostly backups. Expect a ton of soft zone. Ferguson and Lamb should be free over the middle. Too bad we don’t have a running game.
St Juste is scrappy and Forbes was a first round pick. Other than that should feast against their secondary

blueblood70

Reaction score
45-50 degrees and clear. About as good as you could expect for a January game.
Exactly everyone's all worried about who's playing and who's not playing hey the weather you couldn't ask for something better this late in the east this is football weather 47° partly sunny no rain no snow normal wind...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Look I know you might be from Texas or the South but 47° is not chilly LOL when you're wearing pads and running around on a football field hitting each other you know doing something athletic that's perfect weather for hitting the big uglies... It's not cold it's not hot and if it's not raining and snowing then this should be a good game....
Mine was from a fan perspective in the stands, it’s perfect to play in. Besides, 40 at sunset is cold to this Texan!

Status
Not open for further replies.