Game Day ***Cowboys vs Dolphins Post game thread***

Nexx

Reaction score
Was Luepke the intended runner there? Or maybe a better question is did he know the ball was coming to him? The way he reacted, he thought he was a decoy because he kept running without the ball all the way into the endzone. I thought he had scored, but he never had the ball and he didn't react as if he was supposed to have the ball. It was weird.
We were thinking the same thing. He had his hands up by his chest vs his his midsection like your suppose when taking a handoff. He didnt react at all to not having the ball. It was very strange.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I can't figure out why McCarthy would put the ball in his hands in that situation. That was bad coaching.
This. 1st and goal from the half-yard line and you give it to an untested rookie? Brilliant call if he scores. But if he doesn’t you get to eat a crap sandwich.

Best call would be Pollard. Then QB sneak. Then Dowdle. Then a PA rollout pass or throw away. Then a naked bootleg. Then— maybe, Luepke.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
It goes down in the grand list of inexplicable calls by Dallas coaches dating back to the 90s. It’s like inventing ways to lose. What a clown show franchise

mldardy

Reaction score
Brad the Sham sugar coating things on The Fan 105.3 right now....he is truly Mickey lite.
He didn't sugar coat anything. He said a team that leads the league in penalties isn't going to win most of the time. And said that they still have time which is a fact. Sorry that those facts get in the way of your pessimism but I didn't hear him sugar coach anything.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Might rest starters for two reasons:

1. Rest
2. Ruin Washington's pick
No coaching staff goes into week 18 even thinking about the opponent's draft position. That's what fans do.

Steve007

Reaction score
Offense could have put the game away for sure. But the offense did come though, finally, at the end. One stop and we win. And they folded like an accordion. It’s not either/or. Both sides failed at times. As always it’s a team effort.
The offense had there moments but they weren't consistant. It was a total team lose.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You don’t lose game first drive of 1st quarter. Wake up brah.
Sure you do. Two very good teams. On the road. You gave up 7 points on the only turnover of the game.
OL was a mess; defense couldn’t force punts or flip the field to help the offense.
That doesn’t put the loss on Loepke’s shoulders; it’s still a team game. But that 7 points was the difference in the game.

visionary

Reaction score
Enjoy your holiday my cowboys zone friend.

It will be the first for my children in split homes and I'll need to go extra to make it special.
My 14 year old has 2 Cowboys jerseys under the tree, Dak and Parsons color rush.
12 year old has a throwback Aikman jersey.

Real life my man. Football tonight was exciting, entertaining, annoying at the same time. But a christmas eve game with my boys is something I will never forget.
Merry Christmas to your family

mldardy

Reaction score
Too bad the offense couldn't keep and add on to the lead when our defense was holding them to FGs in the first half. It's a FOUR quarter not just the last few minutes of the fourth quarter.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
We needed to overcome the refs right? Refs don’t dictate outcome after all.

Nickyp

Reaction score
Tyron needs to go. Hes unreliable. Especially late in the season. Thanks for all you have done but he handcuffs the left side when hes not available. A lot of the pressure came from the left side. And Steele is on borrowed time as well. One more year of him to show he can come fully back from the injury. If not then now youre looking for a left and right tackle. Draft one and grab another on free agency.

Eddie

Reaction score
We need to get Tyron's replacement on the team ASAP. We can't be held hostage by this guy's health anymore.

A solid LT would have won this game.