Cowboys vs Eagles next 3 games

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We just need the Eagles to lose one more game before they come to Dallas on Christmas Eve. They have played awful the last three weeks against Mills, Hienike, and Ryan quarterbacking. I think Rodgers, Tennihill, Jones and Fields will be tougher matchups.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are going to hammer GB IMO. GB isn't all that good and people are using their frame of reference as our loss to them when we imploded. That had more to do with us sucking in the 4th Q than of how good GB was.

I think GB is gonna struggle to run the ball with the new additions to the Eagles DL. Then they will feast on the GB oline and make life hard for Rodgers.

Hope I am wrong but I can't see GB winning that game in Philly.
Yep, the 2 greatest run stoppers in the league were available week 10 for near minimum contracts.

The other 31 teams are idiots for not signing them.

Only fans and Eagles management were smart enough to recognize the best interior DTs were available for pennies on the dollar.

The Eagles probably didn't know until they saw it posted on CZ...

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep, the 2 greatest run stoppers in the league were available week 10 for near minimum contracts.

The other 31 teams are idiots for not signing them.

Only fans and Eagles management were smart enough to recognize the best interior DTs were available for pennies on the dollar.

The Eagles probably didn't know until they saw it posted on CZ...

LOL, who said they were great? Nice straw man there. But Joseph and Suh improved what was a struggling DT rotation.

Their first game together they shut down one of the better backs in the league in Taylor after teams had been gashing them with worse TBs. The GB OL isn’t great so I wouldn’t expect Jones and Dillon to run roughshod on them.

At least for one game, their DT play was better than it had been for much of the year.

PS - given our struggles with run D, yeah, I would have had no problem bringing in Joseph as well as Hankins.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Cowboys play the Colts, Texans, and Jaguars

Eagles still play green bay this weekend, then they play the Titans,Giants and Bears.

I can definitely see the eagles losing 2 of their next 4 games, at the very least one game. So unless they go undefeated these next 4 games, Christmas Eve game will be for 1st place, and possibly the number one seed in the playoffs as the Vikings schedule going forward is kinda hard, they have the Jets, plus 3 divisional games left to play.
No way Dallas should lose one of these next 3 games, none have a QB worth mentioning. Btw, what schedule maker thought Colts vs Dallas should be a SNF game? Is there any chance this game can get flexed out that spot?
No gimmes in the NFL.
Hopefully the boys take care of bidness.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
LOL, who said they were great? Nice straw man there. But Joseph and Suh improved what was a struggling DT rotation.

Their first game together they shut down one of the better backs in the league in Taylor after teams had been gashing them with worse TBs. The GB OL isn’t great so I wouldn’t expect Jones and Dillon to run roughshod on them.

At least for one game, their DT play was better than it had been for much of the year.

PS - given our struggles with run D, yeah, I would have had no problem bringing in Joseph as well as Hankins.
The Colts have struggled running the ball most of the year.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Btw, what schedule maker thought Colts vs Dallas should be a SNF game? Is there any chance this game can get flexed out that spot?

I have absolutely no idea why Cowboys vs Colts is SNF primetime worthy. Last time we played then in 2018, we got shutout 23-0 in Indy. Terrible game, probably the worst game in the Jason Garrett era.

This game needs to be flexed out, there's no significance between these non-conference teams other than Dan Quinn going against his old QB Matt Ryan.

There are three other games that are more noteworthy and more entertaining, in my opinion that should be considered a replacement:

Dolphins(7-3) vs 49ers(6-4) - My personal choice
Chiefs(8-2) vs Bengals(6-4) - Second choice
Chargers(5-5) vs Raiders(3-7) - AFC West divisional games usually go down to the wire.

These are all later afternoon games, so they would qualify.

plymkr

Reaction score
We just need to win out games and let everything else take care of itself.

Control what we can control.
Yep. If we run the table regardless of playoff seeding we will be in good shape. Also the only thing I don't like is cold weather games. Especially in the playoffs. So I'd rather not go to Philadelphia in the cold. But when you think about it. We play better one road. On the road at Minnesota we played lights out. At home against the giants I believe we had 10 accepted penalties, numerous mental errors. I don't think homefield is going make or break us. We seem to play better away from home. Just a thought. I truly believe we can beat anyone of we run the ball well, no TOs, and stop the run. If we do that, basically play our game, I feel we can handle anyone..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If we run the table regardless of playoff seeding we will be in good shape.

If this happen there is very high chance we win the division, home field throughout playoffs or at a min, No. 1 wildcard seed ( first playoff game home ).

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The Eagles had their stretch of easy games earlier in the year now it is Dallas' turn.

Let's see if the Eagles can come out of their next 4 games unscathed.

Truth.

We get the mini-bye and the next 2 games at home against weak teams. IF we are a true contender, we take care of business the next 3 weeks against the AFC teams.

11-3 would set us up for a showdown at home vs Philly, which could very likely be for first place.

This team has yet another opportunity to step up and put the “choker” and “crap the bed” narratives away. Can they do it? Or will they revert back to beating themselves with mental mistakes, errors, penalties, and stupid play calling.

They could not ask for a better set up in Dec. No excuses. Dig down and get it done.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
This is fun but the way my nerves are set up, I can only focus on beating the colts and rooting for GB this wknd.

cristglo

Reaction score
Cowboys play the Colts, Texans, and Jaguars

Eagles still play green bay this weekend, then they play the Titans,Giants and Bears.

I can definitely see the eagles losing 2 of their next 4 games, at the very least one game. So unless they go undefeated these next 4 games, Christmas Eve game will be for 1st place, and possibly the number one seed in the playoffs as the Vikings schedule going forward is kinda hard, they have the Jets, plus 3 divisional games left to play.
No way Dallas should lose one of these next 3 games, none have a QB worth mentioning. Btw, what schedule maker thought Colts vs Dallas should be a SNF game? Is there any chance this game can get flexed out that spot?

I mean no disrespect but the Cowboys should have beaten the Packers and we should have crushed the Giants but we see how all this turned out. I have been a Cowboy fan for way too long to know nothing is a gimme for this team. LOL
If most fans are honest we've been up and down on our opinions of how far this team can go. Need to see more consistency in this team's play. I have no doubt that the Cowboys will be in the playoffs but will it be another one and done?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Indy had them on the ropes let them off the hook . First and goal at the 6 last possession they had to kick a FG then the Eagles score a TD on a QB draw from the 10 . Hurts was untouched .

The Cowboys get Matt Ryan probably Kyle Allen as Davis Mills is benched in Houston the wildcard is Jax on the road . I can see the Jaquars hanging in as that’s a Jax SB , probably a rare sell out crowd .

I think Philly stumbles once in the next 3 weeks setting up a game for first place in the East and hopefully a first round bye to get troops healthy .

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I believe that the GB game will be the start of Rodgers going away tour where he will throw the ball 50 plus times so he can make his stats look great.