Game Day *** Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread ***

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
These division wins are huge. Thats why the game in 2 weeks vs the giants will be big as well. Having a 5-1 division record or so at end of the year would be clutch. Could theoretically allow us to win the division with 8-9 wins.

zeke21

Reaction score
Pretty much confirms what I think about this team.. we have talent on both sides of the ball but still can't bring it consistently. Our defence decides our fate in so many ways.. yes turnovers usually decide the game.. but when our defence is up and about and flying around the ball.. it seems to give the offence a jolt.

Also loved that we just ran the ball.. even after Eagles come off a weak week of secondary D and lots were calling for pass heavy O.. we stuck to the run and that just allows so much control on both sides of the ball. That first series turnover was just crucial.. it allowed us to get ahead on the board, trust our best weapon (Zeke) and we never looked back.

It is a really simple formula and looks fantastic when it works.. big issue is that it is still weak when we get behind or have to move away from the run.

FWIW I am no fan of Dak as our solution at QB.. but I liked his play tonight.. other than that strange and bizarre long deep ball that got picked.. and I thought his reads at scrimmage were great.. also used his legs a bit. One of the better games I have seen out of Dak and I liked it.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
This was boy Kellens best game.

Cox was a non factor. His number got called once or twice. SCHEME!!!

efh313

Reaction score
This is the kind of win that makes you go... maybe we are a SB contender.

Couple of things to just keep in mind as we move into the bye.

Our Boys knew they were playing for their reputations, that always brings out their best.

This was an injured Eagles team. Not trying to take anything away but facts are facts.

This Eagles secondary is notoriously horrid. Again, not trying to take anything away but you have to accept it.

I want to see them show up AFTER the bye and perform like this AGAIN. Do that and I will drink ALL the Koolaid!

Great Win tonight Boys!!!!!
Enjoy it CZ!!!
We deserve it!!!

;)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Big hand to the whole team tonight. Everyone showed up and played balls out from the opening snap.

Shout out to Byron Jones wo shut down half the field for most of the night.
Even after coming off injury. Don't understand why some people are so willing to trade him.