Cowboys vs Eagles Rivalry

NorTex

Reaction score
Its hard for me to take a team seriously that doesn't own a Superbowl Trophy...those poor little e-girls.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
:lombardi:

:trophy:

:hammock:

Life is good.....

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
another reminder why i hate the eagles and the entire city of philadelphia. all philly is a city of eternal sore losers and dirty players, and a filthy city.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Is that all you got! ...Beauty and the Beast!??

Pathetic! This Thread isn't even worth defending. The mere fact that 3 different Cowboy fans came together to agree and make flamming comments toward an opponent that you feel is inferior than your own team is loser mentality.

At least I can say that the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry makes the game exciting. Here, two Behemoth teams come together to test skills that have been fine tuned during the off-season.

You aren't expected to like the Eagles, that's understandable, but you three and I realize there's more, don't even respect the Eagles as a contender. The sad part is that even when your team defeats the Eagles (like they did in 2005), you brag about the victory (not all of you), as though you've just beaten a Superbowl Champion.

If the Philadelphia Eagles are so scrub-like that you must create a separate thread just to draw the flies (only directed toward those that this shoe fits), why waste your time?

Here's the straight and narrow ...we'll compete at a Higher level than we did in 2005. Are the Eagles a Better team -- hellyeah! Will we beat the Cowboys in 2006 ...how do I know; but at least I'm not a hypocrite. I believe the Cowboys will compete at a High level, but I do not believe that your team has any greater chance than the Eagles do at having a successful year.

SOmebody help me out here. Some fans here believe that this is there personal MB to use every opportunity to discredit opponent teams. I don't see that as being a prerequisite to being a good Cowboys fan (and there are Plenty of good Cowboy fans here!).

How do you establish credit for your fandom if you ...say derrogatory things about an opponent team's city (the city is part of the United States, not an opponent team). Are you just having fun when you say ...hate the eagles and the entire city of philadelphia? I don't think so.

Perhaps it's just me, but I hold the Zone as a higher place than simply your peronal opportunity to badger opponent teams simply because you've run out of football related dialogue.

I can't wait for the regular season to begin.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
we bragged about sweeping the iggles last year b/c they went to 4 straight NFC championships and were the top team in the NFC...i like to say i hate the eagles because...by gosh I HATE THE EAGLES!! With us having T.O. and filing basically all of our needs...how can you say the eagles have just as good a chance to have a successful year as we do? come on.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon... don't act like there aren't Eagles forums that have threads mocking the Cowboys.

Gimme a friggin' break. The thread was posting a VIDEO.. the comments you're replying to have nothing to do with the original post.

Acting like you're all high and mighty and wouldn't dare make a post downing a rival team. RIGHT!!

If the Philadelphia Eagles are so scrub-like that you must create a separate thread just to draw the flies (only directed toward those that this shoe fits), why waste your time?

Draw the flies? This is a COWBOYS forum. If someone "wanted to draw the flies" they'd post those comments in an EAGLES forum.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Phoenix Talon-"Pathetic! This Thread isn't even worth defending. The mere fact that 3 different Cowboy fans came together to agree and make flamming comments toward an opponent that you feel is inferior than your own team is loser mentality."
Cowboy fans have loser mentality????
Super Bowls 5-0.
Jails in stadium...1-0.

Winners don't go to jail....they just win man!:p:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
honestly the eagles are not hated that much by me and my friends who are eagles and giants fans, we all basically hate the Commanders...but then again who doesn't?

lspain1

Reaction score
Folks, the Eagles have a chip on their shoulders over the Cowboys. Division rivals should have those things. But, there isn't a whole lot of honest dislike that goes with the NFL territory these days because all players know today's enemy may be tomorrow's payday.

All of that being said, I'd say the TO thing will make the Eagles try "a tad" harder when they see the Cowboys. The fans will be rabid in Philadelphia and the media will play up the story because it's a legitimate feud and those are rare these days. TO's book will stir the pot even more.

PT do you really think this year will just be about competing at a high level when Dallas and Philadelphia meet? I don't.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
...With us having T.O. and filing basically all of our needs...how can you say the Eagles have just as good a chance to have a successful year as we do? come on.

How can you say ..."With us having TO and filing basically all of our needs,"
especially when you know (maybe you didn't know) that there are some weaknesses in your OL.

And you darn rightr I'm saying we have more than a fair shot at having a successful 2006 season!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
PT do you really think this year will just be about competing at a high level when Dallas and Philadelphia meet? I don't.

No, you're right lspain1. I was just caught up in the flow of addressing those initial Posters to this thread. I agree, both Eagle-Cowboy games will be exciting spectacles. Hype all around ...media, fans, ...this spells $.

While I hope the Cowboys lose both games, I also hope there are no significant injuries on either team. I believe the games will be the type of games that get talked about for many years ...either way the ball bounces.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Is that all you got! ...Beauty and the Beast!??

Pathetic! This Thread isn't even worth defending. The mere fact that 3 different Cowboy fans came together to agree and make flamming comments toward an opponent that you feel is inferior than your own team is loser mentality.

At least I can say that the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry makes the game exciting. Here, two Behemoth teams come together to test skills that have been fine tuned during the off-season.

You aren't expected to like the Eagles, that's understandable, but you three and I realize there's more, don't even respect the Eagles as a contender. The sad part is that even when your team defeats the Eagles (like they did in 2005), you brag about the victory (not all of you), as though you've just beaten a Superbowl Champion.

Here's the straight and narrow ...we'll compete at a Higher level than we did in 2005. Are the Eagles a Better team -- hellyeah! Will we beat the Cowboys in 2006 ...how do I know; but at least I'm not a hypocrite. I believe the Cowboys will compete at a High level, but I do not believe that your team has any greater chance than the Eagles do at having a successful year.

SOmebody help me out here. Some fans here believe that this is there personal MB to use every opportunity to discredit opponent teams. I don't see that as being a prerequisite to being a good Cowboys fan (and there are Plenty of good Cowboy fans here!).

How do you establish credit for your fandom if you ...say derrogatory things about an opponent team's city (the city is part of the United States, not an opponent team). Are you just having fun when you say ...hate the eagles and the entire city of philadelphia? I don't think so.

Perhaps it's just me, but I hold the Zone as a higher place than simply your peronal opportunity to badger opponent teams simply because you've run out of football related dialogue.

I can't wait for the regular season to begin.

:lmao: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao:

:lmao:
:lmao2:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
No, you're right lspain1. I was just caught up in the flow of addressing those initial Posters to this thread. I agree, both Eagle-Cowboy games will be exciting spectacles. Hype all around ...media, fans, ...this spells $.

While I hope the Cowboys lose both games, I also hope there are no significant injuries on either team. I believe the games will be the type of games that get talked about for many years ...either way the ball bounces.

I've got to say, PT is a classy Eagles fan (oxymoron?) :) and he usually comes here with solid points. He shows respect and backs up most of his statements with facts or well-thought-out opinions. Some people come here and are just trolls - they don't deserve repect.
Having said that, PT I think you must understand that there are so many posters here that you are bound to come across some posts that are just pure trash-talking. You take the good with the bad. Keep representing your team well and I promise not to be too harsh when we sweep you guys again this year. ;)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BIGDen said:
Keep representing your team well and I promise not to be too harsh when we sweep you guys again this year. ;)

Thanks BIG-D ...looks like I won't be able to hold you to that promise for quite a while.:rolleyes:

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
another reminder why i hate the eagles and the entire city of philadelphia. all philly is a city of eternal sore losers and dirty players, and a filthy city.

i was gonna say it, but you beat me there.

:lmao2: