Cowboys vs Eagles Rivalry

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Allow me; or someone to change the direction of this troll-o-post!

Hate the Eagles...who cares! Now we've disagreed on several fronts, but you cannot deny that the 2006 Eagles may be greatly underestimated.

Here's what the Dallas COwboys will face in the 2006 Philadelphia Eagles...

QB: McNabb
- Garcia as backup; Detmer may/may not make it as (look for Chung)

RB: Westbrook, Moats
- Buckhalter (90% Healthy) or Mahe fighting...

FB:
- Parry & Tapeh

TE: Smith, Schobel, Bartrum

WR: Brown, Gaffney, Avant
- Pinkston will probably be there; Bloom will be there too.

OL: Thomas, Herremans, Jackson, Andrews, Runyan, Justice, Gilles
- Fraley will be there as backup and depth

Defense

DE: Kearse, Howard, Cole
- McDougle will be there also

DT: Patterson, Walker, Bunkley
- Rayburn, Jasper, Marshall, and Ramsey will fight

LB: Trotter, McCoy, Gocong
- Barber will be there also

CB: Brown, Sheppard, Hood, Strickland
- Wynn or Ware will fight

S: Dawkins, Lewis, Mikell, Considine
- Maybe JR Reed

K: Akers

P: Johnson

That's as solid as it gets on both sides of the ball. Don't hate ...appreciate!
I sure Hope you guys remain as overconfodent as you appear to be. You have reason to believe that you'll be competitive, but you also have reasons to be concerned.:rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Allow me; or someone to change the direction of this troll-o-post!

Hate the Eagles...who cares! Now we've disagreed on several fronts, but you cannot deny that the 2006 Eagles may be greatly underestimated.

Here's what the Dallas COwboys will face in the 2006 Philadelphia Eagles...

QB: McNabb
- Garcia as backup; Detmer may/may not make it as (look for Chung)

RB: Westbrook, Moats
- Buckhalter (90% Healthy) or Mahe fighting...

FB:
- Parry & Tapeh

TE: Smith, Schobel, Bartrum

OL: Thomas, Herremans, Jackson, Andrews, Runyan, Justice, Gilles
- Fraley will be there as backup and depth

Defense

DE: Kearse, Howard, Cole
- McDougle will be there also

DT: Patterson, Walker, Bunkley
- Rayburn, Jasper, Marshall, and Ramsey will fight

LB: Trotter, McCoy, Gocong
- Barber will be there also

CB: Brown, Sheppard, Hood, Strickland
- Wynn or Ware will fight

S: Dawkins, Lewis, Mikell, Considine
- Maybe JR Reed

K: Akers

P: Johnson

That's as solid as it gets on both sides of the ball. Don't hate ...apreciate!
I sure Hope you guys remain as overconfodent as you appear to be. You have reason to believe that you'll be competitive, but you also have reasons to be concerned.:rolleyes:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

bewareofdware

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Is that all you got! ...Beauty and the Beast!??

Pathetic! This Thread isn't even worth defending. The mere fact that 3 different Cowboy fans came together to agree and make flamming comments toward an opponent that you feel is inferior than your own team is loser mentality.

At least I can say that the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry makes the game exciting. Here, two Behemoth teams come together to test skills that have been fine tuned during the off-season.

You aren't expected to like the Eagles, that's understandable, but you three and I realize there's more, don't even respect the Eagles as a contender. The sad part is that even when your team defeats the Eagles (like they did in 2005), you brag about the victory (not all of you), as though you've just beaten a Superbowl Champion.

If the Philadelphia Eagles are so scrub-like that you must create a separate thread just to draw the flies (only directed toward those that this shoe fits), why waste your time?

Here's the straight and narrow ...we'll compete at a Higher level than we did in 2005. Are the Eagles a Better team -- hellyeah! Will we beat the Cowboys in 2006 ...how do I know; but at least I'm not a hypocrite. I believe the Cowboys will compete at a High level, but I do not believe that your team has any greater chance than the Eagles do at having a successful year.

SOmebody help me out here. Some fans here believe that this is there personal MB to use every opportunity to discredit opponent teams. I don't see that as being a prerequisite to being a good Cowboys fan (and there are Plenty of good Cowboy fans here!).

How do you establish credit for your fandom if you ...say derrogatory things about an opponent team's city (the city is part of the United States, not an opponent team). Are you just having fun when you say ...hate the eagles and the entire city of philadelphia? I don't think so.

Perhaps it's just me, but I hold the Zone as a higher place than simply your peronal opportunity to badger opponent teams simply because you've run out of football related dialogue.

I can't wait for the regular season to begin.
you should expect this stuff your on dallascowboyszone.com there are some of the most biased people on this website

TEK2000

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
That's as solid as it gets on both sides of the ball. Don't hate ...appreciate!

That goes both ways man. You're WAY TOO overconfident in your running game and especially your recievers if you're claiming "that's as solid as it gets". You don't have a single reciever that really poses a threat to a defense... and a running back who usually has almost as many receptions as he does rushes.

I think you should really be concerned about how good your offense will be. Every defense in the NFC East will be pretty dang good... and you have McNabb as your only major offensive weapon...

The question for us is our offensive line... with the possibility of free safety being a question.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

As if Cowboy fans being overconfident has anything to do with how the team will play Philly on October 8th and December 25th. The Cowboys will take every opponent seriously, no matter how easy the fans may think a game will be.

You really aren't holding out hope that the Dallas fans will be overconfident in anticipation of it giving Philly and edge, are you?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
FB:
- Parry & Tapeh

That's as solid as it gets...

Uhhhh

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
For the record ...you've been told.

Again?

:lmao:

Not to worry, PT...Cowboy fans are used too it...year, after year, after year...

:lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
For the record ...you've been told.

No, you've been told.

Time and again about your "second-rate" franchise of Cowboys wanna-be's.

The Eagles and their fans have been jealous of the Cowboys franchise forever and nothing looks like it's about to change.

Don't give us this list of mediocrity and act like we should be impressed!

That list of "receivers" is about the worst in the entire league and we should be scared of them?

Just because you want your team to be good, doesn't make it so. If it did, the Cowboys would win the Championship every year - believe me.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I'm not going to sit back while you "talk up" a team more concerned with making a buck than winning like we should fear them! And you shouldn't be in any way surprised at the reaction you get trying to do it on a Cowboys message board. I would get the same (probably worse!) reaction spouting Cowboys rhetoric on the Eagles message board (they do have one, right?)

As I've said before, the Eagles had their "Championship Window" while the NFC was a mediocre mess of a conference and they blew it. Now that window is closed.

:trophy:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n said:
who cares about the eagles, its the Commanders i want to see bleed

yes! this is good. at least the Eagles have some respectable players on there team, more on the Defenesive side then offensive