Cowboys vs Giants on NFL Network

Dingo05

Reaction score
2006:Giants at Cowboys comes on tomorrow at 8:00 Texas time.

Romo takes over.:mchammer:

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I was at that game, and i still have it on my DVR what a great game!

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Is there a way to bring up the in game thread from that night?

It would be interesting to see what was being posted as the game was being played.

jmac

Reaction score
I would rather they show the game later that year in New york

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;1753071 said:
I was at that game, and i still have it on my DVR what a great game!

Have you ever felt THAT good after a loss?

Watching Romo... I just knew he gave us atleast a chance. Now look at him... growing up right before our very eyes. :D

Imagine Romo in training camp saying to himself "Quincy... I can outplay"... "Hutch.... LMAO... next".... "Old Man Vinny... he's got a good heart but he is weak and stupid... and this is life and death" :laugh2:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
jmac;1753122 said:
I would rather they show the game later that year in New york

Yup. That rollout and perfect bomb to Witten. You just knew how special Romo was right there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
leading up to the home opener I had watched the 6 games...I am going to rewatch the last 3 trips to ny over the next two days.

All the games are very similar. We had em in 05 up there, but bledsoe overthrew glenn by about 2 yards.....I get so mad when I watch games from 05 that team was very jekyl and hide and talented enough to win the nfc. Something was up with that team. I still feel like they let that season just slip away.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
theebs;1753154 said:
leading up to the home opener I had watched the 6 games...I am going to rewatch the last 3 trips to ny over the next two days.

All the games are very similar. We had em in 05 up there, but bledsoe overthrew glenn by about 2 yards.....I get so mad when I watch games from 05 that team was very jekyl and hide and talented enough to win the nfc. Something was up with that team. I still feel like they let that season just slip away.

That sums up the entire Bill Parcells era here. We were so up and down within games, between games, and between months of the season. Hell, we were up and down between seasons. The entire time he was here, we were inconsistent.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1753165 said:

Wow. Just did some reading in that thread and it's amazing how many people were wanting to sit Bledsoe and were calling for Romo to come in from the very beginning of that game.

It's exciting just to read through it and know that's where it all started. :)

Hahah and the first throw for a pick and tomson75 posts "God has a sick sense of humor."

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
That thread was hilarious. I wasn't online for that game, had to work and DVR'd it. I remember when BP said Romo was going to play, I lost my mind. I couldn't believe he pulled Bledsoe. Thank you, BP. Thank you.

kramskoi

Reaction score
theebs;1753154 said:

that something, of course, was Parcells...and at the time, two seasons of mediocrity and counting...i remember posting late last december that Dallas would'nt see a superbowl under Parcells...the fabulous disasters at home against N.O. and Phil was the proof...the Seattle game confirmed it...everything about the team wreaked "conservative"...teams take on the personality of their head coach and you saw it personified in the way the team played...not to lose...the players just were'nt having any fun...anyone could see it...a season filled with so much promise disintegrated under the weight of poor coaching, adjustments, planning and playcalling...i'm glad he had the sense to walk away when he did...the team has been better for it.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theebs;1753154 said:

The 2005 season probably took a few years off my life. Can you recall a Cowboys season where virtually every week came down to the final possession? It was like 17 weeks of the Buffalo game (a little dramatic but you get the picture)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
windward;1753823 said:
The 2005 season probably took a few years off my life. Can you recall a Cowboys season where virtually every week came down to the final possession? It was like 17 weeks of the Buffalo game (a little dramatic but you get the picture)

Absolutely.

That chiefs game is my favorite game I have gone too though, it was really fun.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
windward;1753823 said:

Yeah, I see what you are saying, and I agree.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I can't believe how terrible we look compared to this year. They're running all over us on both sides of the ball. Most of it's probably Romo, but the O-line is run-blocking worse, the D looks worse... It's like the Giants are the superior team and we're just trying to hang in there with them.

I guess I'd forgotten how it all looked then, but IMO there's a huge difference. It looks like this year's team would beat that one by 20.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1754382 said:
I can't believe how terrible we look compared to this year. They're running all over us on both sides of the ball. Most of it's probably Romo, but the O-line is run-blocking worse, the D looks worse... It's like the Giants are the superior team and we're just trying to hang in there with them.

I guess I'd forgotten how it all looked then, but IMO there's a huge difference. It looks like this year's team would beat that one by 20.

Romo really changed the way we looked as a team. He makes the line look better and in return they block better for him. Just think back to how we were considered an old team with Drew at QB and now we are considered a young team with Romo.