Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jets post game thread***

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The Cowboys would be in playoff contention if the following three things occurred: 1) the defense didn't blow the games vs. the Saints and Falcons; 2) instead of bringing in Cassel, the Cowboys add a deep-threat WR; 3) Brandon Weeden, whose only bad game was against the Patriots, remained the starter

Whoever came up with the idea of bringing in Matt Cassel should be fired on the spot!

The defense blew the above mentioned games because they were gassed. Mr. Three and out (Weeden) was responsible for that, IMO.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
After Cassell was benched, for the first time all year,I saw the offense have a little spark...I liked that Moore kept his eyes down field and he also threw to 5 different receivers, and also DMac...He did have bad int's...He should have eaten the first one and lived to punt instead of throwing it up over the middle...The second was a killer, and I said at he time, "better find that safety young fella", but don't we normally have Witten on a curl right there on the goal line?...I don'r pretend to know exactly what his team needs, I just know that they aren't any fun to watch, they are supremely predictable and boring...I've seen enough of JG, he isn't changing, and as long as he is the coach we can expect more of the same...I didn't agree with letting Murray go, I thought we should have offered him more...I don't know how many more wins that would have translated to, but I thought that we were really close last year and if we kept the band together that we would have a better shot than running back by committee...As soon as Romo went down in week two I looked at my wife and said "Dallas is done if Romo is out more than a few weeks"...funny thing is, we had chances to win most of the games he was out...I find it hard to believe that we couldn't game plan our way to a couple of more wins...I've been a fan for 40 years and I found myself last night hoping for a win, but not caring if we lost...

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
After Cassell was benched, for the first time all year,I saw the offense have a little spark...I liked that Moore kept his eyes down field and he also threw to 5 different receivers, and also DMac...He did have bad int's...He should have eaten the first one and lived to punt instead of throwing it up over the middle...The second was a killer, and I said at he time, "better find that safety young fella", but don't we normally have Witten on a curl right there on the goal line?...I don'r pretend to know exactly what his team needs, I just know that they aren't any fun to watch, they are supremely predictable and boring...I've seen enough of JG, he isn't changing, and as long as he is the coach we can expect more of the same...I didn't agree with letting Murray go, I thought we should have offered him more...I don't know how many more wins that would have translated to, but I thought that we were really close last year and if we kept the band together that we would have a better shot than running back by committee...As soon as Romo went down in week two I looked at my wife and said "Dallas is done if Romo is out more than a few weeks"...funny thing is, we had chances to win most of the games he was out...I find it hard to believe that we couldn't game plan our way to a couple of more wins...I've been a fan for 40 years and I found myself last night hoping for a win, but not caring if we lost...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Defense cant get turnovers, and forgets how to play in the 4th quarter. Same story different week. At least the offense was watchable!

I think Marinelli loses his job over this....These 4th quarter collapses can't continue.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think Marinelli loses his job over this....These 4th quarter collapses can't continue.

Robs not going anywhere. We are not a defensive team, we shouldn't expect the defense to carry us.

When you've fielded the worst Cowboys offense in over 10 years, a defense still keeping offenses below their season avg in points is actually pretty good.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on Jones....I guess I'm alone on this on CZ.

Nope....your not alone. I never want to see Jones @ CB ever again. Still have hope @ FS....but he sure seems to be on the wrong end of a number of plays...Plus how many plays has he made?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We are a perfect example in 'winning in the trenches' only goes so far.

Moore has a nice throwing motion, but he doesn't have much zip on the ball and can't manipulate the safeties. And he's galaxies better than Cassel.

McFadden isn't the issue here. We should have a moratorium on posts about it. He's not awesome, but he's fine.

I wonder who Beasley will start a Twitter war with this week since he again played poorly and won't acknowledge it.

I have a loathing for Church and Wilcox that is probably only second to ISIS at this point. Wilcox looks like Tony Dixon now. Great job, Henderson...you've made a safety that played 1 year in college look better as a rookie than he is now. Let's keep Henderson away from Byron Jones and any future DB's.

Crawford would be an incredible player if he could tackle. Yup, stud DT whose weakness is...he can't tackle. Only in Dallas.

I would like to be outraged by those horrendous calls by the refs, but I would have to care about the team in order to be outraged. But, if this happened to the Steelers the NFL would probably shut down.

YR

:lmao2::hammer: