Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jets post game thread***

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Still a long way to go but I'm sure the team knows it. The Jets defense is legit. We got lucky with the Rodgers injury as I think the Jets could have won if he played as it's a completely different outlook from them with him at QB instead of Zach Wilson. The team's success will continue to depend on the defense forcing multiple turnovers a game. You saw what happened in the 1st half - no turnovers forced and it was a one score game at halftime even with the limited Wilson at QB. In the second half, they finally forced turnovers from Wilson and that was the game. If Rodgers played, he would have been a difficult QB to get INTs on.

BigD5

Reaction score
5 FG’s should’ve been 2 or 3. MM way too conservative on several drives.
If the TE just cuts upfield he walks in

If dak throws to ceedee or doesn’t over throw Ferguson then it’s an almost flawless game on offense

rambo2

Reaction score
If the TE just cuts upfield he walks in

If dak throws to ceedee or doesn’t over throw Ferguson then it’s an almost flawless game on offense
He was conservative at times to keep the clock running and not turn the ball over and win the game without letting the Jets back in it. He gave them no chance and is saving plays for later in the season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It’s the America’s team nonsense. Other fans hate Dallas has it. What they don’t get is that Dallas fans hate it, too
Dallas fans hate it?? Nah, I don't think so. This is the 1st time I've heard anybody say that. Oh sure Cowboy haters hate it because they're jealous of the title.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have no clue what Mazi’s stats are but the overall run D tells me he and Hank are doing their jobs
Didnt record any, but that's no big deal. Jets didnt run the ball much, and when they did it was ineffective.

Mazi jumped out to me a couple moving with the LOS on stretch runs. Huge advantage have a big DT that can do that. Most DT's that are 320 lbs and cant

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zero issues with a conservative offense, especially with how good the D has played thus far.
I wonder if Sauce spent alot of time on Gallup. We moved Lamb around alot, and Gallup was invisible. The Jets really to have Sauce follow the best opposing WR.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Dallas fans hate it?? Nah, I don't think so. This is the 1st time I've heard anybody say that. Oh sure Cowboy haters hate it because they're jealous of the title.
Nah you’ll see it all over this board and on X. The America’s team **** gotta go. Let Pittsburgh or Green Bay have that crap. The boys just need to go out and play. They’re Dallas’ team, not America’s

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Still a long way to go but I'm sure the team knows it. The Jets defense is legit. We got lucky with the Rodgers injury as I think the Jets could have won if he played as it's a completely different outlook from them with him at QB instead of Zach Wilson. The team's success will continue to depend on the defense forcing multiple turnovers a game. You saw what happened in the 1st half - no turnovers forced and it was a one score game at halftime even with the limited Wilson at QB. In the second half, they finally forced turnovers from Wilson and that was the game. If Rodgers played, he would have been a difficult QB to get INTs on.
:rolleyes:

HungryLion

Reaction score
He was conservative at times to keep the clock running and not turn the ball over and win the game without letting the Jets back in it. He gave them no chance and is saving plays for later in the season.
I do
Think this is part of it.

The offense clearly lacked a huge sense of urgency in the second half. They were fine settling for field goals.

If it was a game where they NEEDED the touchdown. Mccarthy would have gone for it on 4th down in several of those situations.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t like it and haven’t since day 1. Just puts a target on your back more than you already have.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Nah you’ll see it all over this board and on X. The America’s team **** gotta go. Let Pittsburgh or Green Bay have that crap. The boys just need to go out and play. They’re Dallas’ team, not America’s
Ha! You'll see just about anything over this board because not everyone here is even a Cowboy fan. We've got Giant fans, Eagle fans and who knows what all else that hang out here and hate the Cowboys. Trolls like that do not speak for true Cowboy fans.
Personally I don't think much about it one way or the other, but I certainly don't "hate it" and I don't know why anyone else would be all that worried about it other than Cowboy haters just jealous of the title.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Everyone bashing our QB today is leaving out the fact that Cooks didn't even play.
Nice to see Tolbert carry over what he showed in the preseason. But even nicer to see McCarthy figure out different ways to get Lamb the ball without our No. 2 receiver playing.