Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions Post Game thread***

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Per Lions players (Skipper and 68), 68 reported and Skipper did not.

The receiver outside 68 did not cover him he was off the line where he was supposed to be. If indeed 68 reported as he claims, the official pooched it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You are right, all in all, it wasn’t horrible. The last offensive drive was a head scratcher. I think it was far from his best game - but this was no slouch of a team they were playing.
Exactly. The lions are a difficult out. Very hardcore defensive team . They can be beat in the air,which is what we did. That's why I have no issues with MM passing on the final drive. But the first down runs were kinda dumb.

erod

Reaction score
Alls this moron does is spin back and forth and that is how he beat Steele because Steele is too stupid to ask Smith what the clown is doing, Yes Smith go beat once but most of the time Hutch looked like a spin dry cycle on a washing machine. Smith just stood there and watched him during the spin cycle.
Wow.

He's a great player with multiple talents.

Put your pom poms down.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Pollard saved us in running game....the scheme should have been if we run only to set up the pass...if you get a good run....next play do play action...which they

did do couple of times
He had 49 yards for a 3.1 avg. The running game is horrible and needs attention.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We need LB’s, DT’s and CB’s. The last 3 games have exposed our weak LB’s and DT’s as unable to contain the run.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Per Lions players (Skipper and 68), 68 reported and Skipper did not.

The receiver outside 68 did not cover him he was off the line where he was supposed to be. If indeed 68 reported as he claims, the official pooched it.
Exactly. It's all moot. It's an easy call.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Goff hits that WR in stride the Cowboys lose. He threw a crap low pass and that's why the Cowboys won. I'm hopeful, but I don't have any expectations going forward.

lsg13

Reaction score
Honestly....I can't blame them. How many more times do we need to see an official screw something up before the league admits there is a problem? Every week it's something....As a fan...I just want to see an unbiased...impartial crew that can do the job....competently
honestly we don't know what really happen, we have two versions, the refs and the Lions... It's obvoius the lions are trying to confuse the Cowboys by having 3 linemen approach the ref and what looks like happen is that confused the ref more than the Cowboys. I'm not really understanding the reason for the trickery, the ref has to report who is eligible to the defense so why would you be trying to confuse the defense if the refs going to tell them what you are doing???

RS12

Reaction score
Horrendous post. If he was a Cowboy you would be slobbering all over him. All I know is he left multiple Cowboy OL looking on the ground for their jocks.

stiletto

Reaction score
Draft a C in the 1st. A 1st round C is usually gold.
They have to draft the best LB or Left Tackle. No question. Tyron is welcome to stay but he needs to be a swing guy at this point in his career and come in when healthy. Steele is not going to get back I don't think. We may need two tackles. Center we can get in round 2/3 or FA, or keep Tyler which is probably what they'll do. They usually don't let their guys go.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought it was fairly evenly called. I agree with the announcers that they could have called an illegal contact on Lewis on one play, but there are a few other penalties they could have called as well. They chose not to be ticky-tack about it, and I like that.
I saw that one during the game. Definitely should have been called. Lewis was all over the guy before, during, and after the break.