Cowboys vs Packers 2:PM on Fox

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Was this the game they took out Packers NT John Jurkovic's knee? I enjoyed that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Out of all the guys that played in this game, I think Brett Favre was the last to retire.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Cowboys get an interception in a playoff game.

Yeah...this must be pretty old.

Alexander

Reaction score
We had most of our big named guys but wow did we have a bunch of nobody backups. I don't even remember half of these guys.
That is basically what a "great team" looks like. Lots of role players that did their specific jobs pretty well.

Alexander

Reaction score
Shante Carver sighting LOL
Don't laugh. We had starters in this era that were basically the same guy. We called them names like "George Selvie" and lauded Marinelli for coaching them up.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Don't laugh. We had starters in this era that were basically the same guy. We called them names like "George Selvie" and lauded Marinelli for coaching them up.

Selvie is a horrible example. Rams drafted him in the 7th rd. Dallas acquired him in FA. IIRC for depth purposes and to be a rotational player.

Dallas traded 2 picks (1st and 2nd) to move up in the 1st to pick Shante. The expectations for Carter was to be a dominant starter. There is a reason he is considered a huge bust.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AKA....... the time the Dallas Cowboys would ever appear in an NFCCG. I would have bet my house in 96' that we would be back in a super bowl within 25 years.