Cowboys Vs Packers ***Game Thread*** 2nd Half

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2275482 said:
I agree, Garrett needs to spend alot of time with him on this after today.

Home state jitters? Hopefully, that's all it is.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's funny, because on that fake draw play where Romo was sacked and fumbled but we recovered it, I called the play but they didn't run the draw. Run the stinking draw there, don't call a fake draw.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
how bout el gato returning the 2nd half KO to the house!!!!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
TheCount;2275461 said:
I haven't been this scared to see a QB drop back in the redzone since we had Bledsoe here.
Well, considering he was our most recent qb before Tony, that's not saying much.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
we are winning because of barber, jones, and our D! luckily they arent letting Romo screw it up for us at least not yet. come on Romo get it 2gether!!!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Here's the deal. The Packers are completely loading up on the pass. So the weakness is in their run defense. We need to hit them with Barber, then hit them with Felix Jones, then a play action bomb to TO guaranteed.

Eskimo

Reaction score
To loosen things up I think we need to get something going with Crayton or Austin. I don't know if it is that they are being that well covered or if Romo isn't looking for them. They are obviously keying strongly on TO and to a lesser extent Witten and we have got to start using the other WRs more to open things up for TO.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Love to see some of this in the 2nd half.

Screens...Not one called, whether a RB or TE screen, there's room in the flat.

Running game...If the Passing game is being loaded up on by the D, pound the ball, use the clock and work the field...Tire their D and then open it up after establishing that running game.

Deep ball...Give it a shot

More pass pressure on Rogers

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2275488 said:
I'll be honest, I only feel that way if it's Sunday or Monday night. What is with this guy in prime time?

he's been doing mediocre regardless of what the date or time is down there. Had a horrible endzone pick in the Houston preseason game...another terrible one vs Cleveland, missed a wide open Witten for an easy TD tonight then turned around and threw a ball into quadruple coverage.

He just has to do better down there.

IMO they need to commit to the run more inside the 10, especially considering how we were running it tonight.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Clove;2275508 said:
Here's the deal. The Packers are completely loading up on the pass. So the weakness is in their run defense. We need to hit them with Barber, then hit them with Felix Jones, then a play action bomb to TO guaranteed.

We have. We ran for 141 yards in the first half. The question is, do they continue to play the pass?

SlwSVT

Reaction score
Clove;2275508 said:
Bingo! Lets see if the Packers change there scheme and bring 8 up in the box to slow the running game down. That will definately open up the passing game. It is not all Romo tonight, give some credit to the Packers scheme and pass D.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;2275508 said:

IDK if that would work. We need some of the other WR to step up either Austin or Crayton.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
what kills me is no one is getting in this guys face and telling him to stop being an ****** in the redzone.

if t.o got in his face like a leader should the media would make him out to be a bad guy.

romo has to stop with these bonehead decisions these are the things that makes people skeptical of the cowboys in the playoffs because if the game is tight in the redzone we dont know what will happen.

he wants to be like farve soo bad but he has to realize that when it came down to it farve was clutch in alot of games.

i like his improvising skills but he has to realize that the speed and instincts has changed since farve's hey day of scrambling around.

romo has to play with more discipline

Eskimo

Reaction score
tomson75;2275514 said:
We have. We ran for 141 yards in the first half. The question is, do they continue to play the pass?

Let's hope so and get Felix in there some more to take advantage of some weary legs.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2275514 said:

Yea they don't want TO to burn them like he did last year.