Cowboys Vs Panthers ***Official Game Thread***

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If tampa wins, we'll definately be rooting for Atlanta next week. And Philly.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave said:
Seriously. This was a miraculous game. I cannot believe we won this game. I am STUNNED.

OK. What is the bet on Cundiff being cut this week? I say he has a 1 in 4 chance of being on the roster this time next week.

I say Cundiff is cut tomorrow. No way we go into the St Louis game with a possible playoff berth on the line and possibly having to depend on Cundiff to win in the final seconds. I think we bring back the guy we had between Cortez and Cundiff. I would be shocked to see Cundiff kicking anywhere in the NFL again this season or next.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
UNREAL! TB just attempted a FG to win it in OT from the 5 yard line and it was a BAD SNAP! The kick was pulled left. NO GOOD!

Nobody wants this game in Atlanta!

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
How did Cundiff have time to change into a Bucs uniform and miss that kick for their team? ;)

alancdc

Reaction score
I was dogged last week for my thread on how the Panthers have played scrubb quarterbacks all year, and how their schedule was crap. I also said that Carolina's defensive line was living on the reputation from 2003. How 'bout this.....Julius Peppers has less sacks than Gregg Ellis. REPUTATION!!!!!!!We DOMINATED the line of scrimmage. Had we been able to play Bollinger, Brooks, Bauman, Simms(first game in) Losman, Culpepper/Johnson we would be the team sitting in the drivers seat instead of needing help to get in the playoffs. They have played a crap schedule full of crap quarterbacks. Until today.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Draegerman said:
How did Cundiff have time to change into a Bucs uniform and miss that kick for their team? ;)

Wish he would use that mistique on his FG.... :D

Alweezy

Reaction score
they can't do it... FOX has the second half of their double header scheduled tomorrow...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I have to confess that I honestly don't know who to root for anymore between TB and Atl.

But one thing that I do know is that I hate crap like this when your favorite team has to rely on help from others to get into the playoffs.

It just bites when you're no longer in control of your own destiny.

marchetta

Reaction score
Draegerman said:
I have to confess that I honestly don't know who to root for anymore between TB and Atl.

But one thing that I do know is that I hate crap like this when your favorite team has to rely on help from others to get into the playoffs.

It just bites when you're no longer in control of your own destiny.

I just heard James Brown say that if Atlanta losses their out of the playoffs. Other than that, I'm not sure who to root for either.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
He pulled back Commissioner Gordon's head and pressed the red button. Presto Chango! He's now a lousy kicker for any team he wants!

marchetta

Reaction score
According to FOX, Washington & TB currently have the wildcards. Hope for an Atlanta win 'boys!

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I pulled this from DC+ :

The easiest way
• Beat Carolina and St. Louis to finish 10-6

• Washington loses one of its last two games

• Minnesota wins its last two games

Pending a Chicago victory against Green Bay, the Cowboys would win the tiebreaker with Minnesota based on strength of victory. They hold the tiebreaker on Atlanta because of their conference record.

The fifth seed
• Win both games to finish 10-6

• Washington loses one of its last two to finish 9-7

• Minnesota wins out to finish 10-6

Tampa Bay loses both games to finish 9-7

Atlanta splits both games to finish 9-7

• Carolina splits both games to finish 11-5

Pending a Chicago victory over Green Bay, the Cowboys would be the No. 5 seed in the playoffs because they would beat Minnesota in a tiebreaker.

Cowboys miss the playoffs at 10-6
• Dallas wins both its remaining games

• Washington wins its remaining games

Tampa Bay wins its remaining games

While there are other scenarios in which the Cowboys could miss the playoffs at 10-6, this is the simplest. Tampa Bay would finish with a better record than the Cowboys, and Washington holds the tiebreaker over Dallas.

Can the Cowboys get in at 9-7?
Yes, but a victory in one of their last two games does not guarantee Dallas a playoff spot. Numerous tiebreaker scenarios must fall its way among NFC wild-card contenders.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Just watched Cortez kick off for the Colts and man short kicks and Seattle gets a great run back and they score a touchdown on their first possession