Game Day ***Cowboys vs Panthers post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertfchew

Reaction score
This game appeared to be the result of a lack of playing time during the preseason.

I know we all want to be negative now but the second half showed me Dak and the offense arent as bad as they came out.

The defense is good and we will be better on offense.

We will win the next 2.

1 score in 30 minutes is awful. Dak and zeke are losers. So much for having a chip on your shoulder.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Some local sportscaster was putting out that's it's a good thing that we lost the opener, because in the years we lost the opener good things happened later on, and, in the years that we won the opener, we did not win the Division or something like that.

Well, that's voodoo, and I say, win whenever you can, period.

But whatever gives hope to the hangers on... I guess.

Like I said before, if a different Dak comes on the field, then there are possibilities.

The Bears QB looked good today against GB. What a joy to see an accurate ball thrown for over 40 yards!!!

robertfchew

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Even Lee had issues.

Problem with the SAMs failing to set an edge. We need to get LVE at MIKE, Jaylon at SAM.

Jaylon is hot garbage. He's fully back from his injury, has had 3 years with an NFL team to learn and he still doesn't get it. Imagine he never got hurt and someone took him with a top pick. Talk about a bust

robertfchew

Reaction score
No they didn't. And Carolina scored 16 points, hardly an offensive explosion, so our D at least fought.

That's only because sham newton is the only qb as inaccurate, but 10x the athlete, as ours. Cam is really bad and they have horrid receivers. Luckily they have mcaffery

robertfchew

Reaction score
So Dak sucked again.. I guess that's who he is. He lost his confidence. If we gave up on Romo after his disastrous mental collapses we would of never seen him overcome that and become a franchise qb.

With that said. Romo always showed the potential. Dak is kind of sitting in the pit and ain't doing himself any favors.

Romo could throw for 350 yards and 3td and 5 picks. But you usually don't throw picks if all you can throw is a screen for 2 yards.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Well, we played a very good defense on the road, our offense was firing on maybe 3 cylinders, we had a bunch of new receivers, and we only lost by eight points. So, I would say things aren't as bad as we probably think they are right now.

Cam Newton is awful. The defense didn't do anything special. It's hard to sugar coat this one

robertfchew

Reaction score
People will scoff but Quincy had more physical talent.

Prescott is light years ahead of him mentally though. Intangibles too. Have to be fair.

I'm starting to think daks "mental toughness" is a detriment. He cares so little that he didn't improve his game in 8 months of the off season.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
The sad thing is- the thing that really bothers me, is that we were all lied to over and over and over again this offseason.

- There will be a new creative scheme
- TavonAustin is such an athlete that we have to get him the ball in space multiple times
- we are going to make things easier for our young qb.

And we got our there and it was the same garbage?

Also, this is a pet peeve of mine. Why exactly did Deonte Thompson play so much? Not that he played bad, but you LITERALLY CUT THE GUY LAST WEEK, and now he bolts up to the top of the depth chart? This team makes no sense. Did Garrett think that would surprise the panthers by having Deonte Thompson in there so much? I’m confused.

There was no Run- Pass option. And no hurry up until the 4th. And this infuriated me!

Tom Brady, Aarron Rodgers, others use hurry up ALL OF THE TIME TO GET THEIR TEAM GOING. Not us though- or goal is to make sure our super young team has no advantage at all. Don’t try to take advantage of the fact that we have young legs and it could help to stop the pass rush and help your young qb read defenses easier.

We are so poorly coached it is amazing to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.