Cowboys vs. Patriots

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Their defense, as a whole, is far above and beyond anything ours could ever be. As of now, I believe this, even "fully healthy".

Obviously, Brady is one of the best to play the game..so, as we sit here they have an apparent advantage at QB.

They've allowed 26 sacks on offense, where as Dallas sits at 17. If give Dallas the edge at protection.

Even on a "slow" start, Zeke is better than Michel and probably even Burkhead combined..you throw in White and his receiving capabilities though..I'd say it's a push. The jury is completely out on Pollard at this point.

I would have given them the edge at WR if Gordon was healthy, but a healthy Cooper and Gallup..again as we sit now, in this season..are better than Edleman and Dorsett(or whomever)and I honestly don't even think it's close. edit: I completely forgot about the Sanu trade, still sticking with Dallas though.

Tight ends? I'm too lazy to even look into it and I don't quite have an opinion on ours anyway.

So yeah, Coaching aside..with their defense? They've got quite the upper hand.

ultron

Reaction score
Everyone thought the saints would destroy us last year, we always play to the level of our competition - I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the patriots but we have to force turnovers and convert on 3rd down

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
How do you guys think we match up against the Patriots, player vs. player. This isn’t about coaching. This thread is only about our personnel vs their personnel.
Dude, talent is only half the equation
Their coaching and front office are far superior

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
We have a better QB.

giphy.gif

Shane612

Reaction score
Player vs player we have better overall talent than they do
Don't know.
Dallas may have a LITTLE edge at WR, and RB, but having Brady makes up for all that.
Everything else, I think, favors NE, including the intangibles.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
How do you guys think we match up against the Patriots, player vs. player. This isn’t about coaching. This thread is only about our personnel vs their personnel.
Personnel vs Personnel involves the GM that selects the personnel so we lose Belichick vs. Jones.

TheHerd

Reaction score
we are better everywhere except coaching and QB. Unfortunately those are by far the 2 most important positions and the difference is so great, they would beat us 9 times out of 10
You think our CBs are better? Or our safeties? Or our WRs? Or our DL? Or our special teams?

visionary

Reaction score
You think our CBs are better? Or our safeties? Or our WRs? Or our DL? Or our special teams?

You can always nit pick individual players lets say I own the Cowboys and you own the Pats. Keep the same teams and just switch the HC and QB. I we play you 10 times we’ll beat you 8-9 times

the reality is that we have a lot of talent but average qb play and trash coaching

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I truly believe the Pats have us beat as far as talent (especially in terms of depth) and their superior coaching is concerned. And yes, their defense is better, especially in their DL and secondary. They will be somewhat heavily favored at their home stadium, no doubt.

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
You can always nit pick individual players lets say I own the Cowboys and you own the Pats. Keep the same teams and just switch the HC and QB. I we play you 10 times we’ll beat you 8-9 times

the reality is that we have a lot of talent but average qb play and trash coaching

While I agree with you last statement, that doesn't prove we have lots of talent. You just gave us the best coach and QB of all time, and said we could beat a trash coach. I agree.

We don't have loads of talent. One, but not the main reason we've been meh for so long is we, both fans and front office, way overestimate the players on this team.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I will be at the game....wearing my Cowboys gear....Garrett has never defeated Bilicheck....I hope for a win....BUT....The Pats @ home, not good!

nice, I’m going to that game as well. There will be a lot of Cowboys fans at Gillette. Dallas hasn’t beat the Pats since 96. Last time they played in NE in 2011 Garrett blew the game IMO. Cowboys were up 4 late in the 4th. The defense actually stops Brady and forces a punt. Cowboys ball with about 4 minutes to play. What does Garrett call? 3 dive plays that net about 5 yards. Punt the ball back to Brady and he marches down the field and throws the winning TD to the murderer. Still pisses me off thinking about the stupidity of Garrett that game.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I heard a funny stat today. If the QB spikes the ball every play, his QB rating is 39.6. if you pass against the Pats defense, the rating is 35.6. No amount of coaching could ever get this defense to that level. We do not have the same player talent they have. Not really close.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I truly believe the Pats have us beat as far as talent (especially in terms of depth) and their superior coaching is concerned. And yes, their defense is better, especially in their DL and secondary. They will be somewhat heavily favored at their home stadium, no doubt.
This is bs. Put bill in dallas and this defense is ranked 1 and pats not even top 10