Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Stats are for largely for fans who don't understand what they are watching.

And no, they're not objective. If so, Jeff George was as good as Troy Aikman, and Art Monk was better than Michael Irvin.
Ha ha ha! You stay you nimrod, I mean...

BigD5

Reaction score
That was the craziest 4th quarter I can remember for a long long while. From the index card to the reach.. it all just seemed like both teams were destined to blow their chances.. I'm very thankful that, finally, we had one go our way!

Oh and Zeke is back baby.. and let there be no more discussion over who the real MVP of this team is. Dak has stunk it up without Zeke taking 99% of the defence... I would be on the look out for a QB right now.. looks like SF picked up a nice one in the Grapple.. we should try to do the same... Especially when Dak wants his $$.
Gee whiz..

This is ridiculous

You’ve got to be messing with us right?

coogrfan

Reaction score
He has much better offensive talent around him than half the QBs in the league. Better line, better receiving corps, and the best RB in the game arguably.

He has as good of an offensive unit as Jared Goff. He just does far less with it.

Umm...no. Our wr corps ain't a patch on the Rams.

Zman5

Reaction score
Now we need the craptastic Buccaneers to play one good game of football tonight.

tenor.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has much better offensive talent around him than half the QBs in the league. Better line, better receiving corps, and the best RB in the game arguably.

He has as good of an offensive unit as Jared Goff. He just does far less with it.
It might be time to for you to give up attempting to analyze football games and players...

kevm3

Reaction score
Honestly I'm to the point of wishing Dak would walk when his contract is up so we don't have to hear crying even when we're winning.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think people are too hard on Prescott personally I love what we got when we drafted him, but I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he's a starting NFL quarterback. I thought from the get-go he was a good backup, and good short time starter, but it's a position that needs to be upgraded.

As for last night I turned the TV off at the end. I thought they won at the end, and didn't need to deal with the last blow. I woke up about 3 AM and saw we won now I'm waiting for it be upload, so I can watch and see what happened. Unreal.
When did you turn off the game, when Carr was running around right end for a sure TD, not. Ha ha ha

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I’m just tired of hearing the nonsense that the reason we don’t see other TEs in the field is because other TEs can’t do what Witten at the tail end of his career still can do...

We used to have the blocking excuse, but is he really even that good anymore at it..
Witten is a very good blocking TE. He’s not perfect, but he is way above average.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Carr played horribly. But he outplayed Dak.
Carr had much better blocking, Dak won the game, and Carr fumbled into the endzone. Dak out played Carr and played pretty good considering the lack of time to pass after Tyrone went out.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Linehan doesn't know what to call for Dak. What can he call? Dak sees nothing and holds the ball forever.
You shouldn't’ exaggerate so much when trying to make a point. You loose the point your trying to make. I actually thought Dak was checking the ball down to quickly in the first half. In the 2nd half he had to get rid of the ball quickly or he would have been sacked a lot.

khiladi

Reaction score
Witten is a very good blocking TE. He’s not perfect, but he is way above average.

He used to be.. I don’t think he’s anywhere irreplaceable, at least as far as gradually working in younger TEs that can pose threats downfield in the passing game, who can block every now and then.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Don’t dive for the pylon with the ball out stretched in one hand with a defender in position to jar your arm hard. That’s plain dumb! Also, for those who think Carr is better than Dak. Dak would have dove with 2 hands on the ball.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Maybe above average relative to top rated receiving TEs but not when you include all TEs. He's not as good as Hanna as a blocker.
Witten is way better at blocking than just about any so called receiving TE. Also, I like Hanna, but If he could block better than Witten he would be on the field more.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten is way better at blocking than just about any so called receiving TE. Also, I like Hanna, but If he could block better than Witten he would be on the field more.
No, that's not how it works.

Hanna plays in 2 TE sets and blocks 90+ percent of the time. He has not established himself as a significant receiving threat.

What is your basis for these opinions?

I spend several hours each week reviewing the coaches film.

There are some blocks they stopped trying with Witten because he struggled to execute them in the past couple of years. One is the play where a TE comes across behind the OL to block a DE from the opposite side of the formation. Witten did that for several years but in recent years he struggled to get over fast enough and the DE would blow up the play. Last year they started using the #2 TE to make that block.

When MartyB was here, he was a better inline blocker than Witten.

Gronk has surpassed Witten as a blocker.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Don’t dive for the pylon with the ball out stretched in one hand with a defender in position to jar your arm hard. That’s plain dumb! Also, for those who think Carr is better than Dak. Dak would have dove with 2 hands on the ball.
Dak would have trucked Heath and went in standing up...