Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams 2nd Half game thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
No, he’s basically been average, holding the ball way too long and when he’s made plays, it’s often because he’s had good blocking, like I said. He’s done nothing special that sets him apart from any of his previous years. It’s basically the same exact offense.

The TOP has been completely one-sided by the Rams and one of those scores of us, like I said, was in hurry up at the end of the half.

Does he have to do anything special, or just do his job? Which is what he has done so far. Just be glad. We couldn't have done much more on offense given how the defense has been. 4 red zone trips given up. That says all.

aria

Reaction score
Pretty much ended just how I said it would, I will never understand why coaches do that a the end of halves. The results are almost always the same for the offense...points.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Seems like a pretty even game so far. Both teams are about top 12-13ish teams.

History has shown week 1 results have very little correlation with overall season success. You’re only slightly more likely to make the playoffs if you win week one as opposed to losing. This will be especially true this year.

The real goal is to not start 0-2, which is where your chances of making the playoffs really start to drop.

Rajveer

Reaction score
He’s been so awesome, it’s taken him a half to score and one of the TDs came in hurry up, right before the half. All the while Goff was choking and sucking like usual against a defense that the Dak homers are saying is the reason why Dak loses anyways..
Khiladi as in player?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know we want to move on from Garrett....but to give McCarthy some credit.....I don't think we go into half winning with this past coaching staff. Not saying its been a great half of coaching or anything like that...but I think its a testament to what simply having at least someone who knows what they are doing at the helm looks like.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I'm surprised were up. The rams left some points out on the field as well with a couple of mistakes. That fg and missed screen were big.

Looks like the defense adjusted somewhat second quarter to the rams play action stuff.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Where is the promised pass rush

the rams whole offense is built on short drops, quick throws, stretch plays and then play action off the stretch plays.

You have to get them in 3rd and long where they can not run play action to get to goff.

khiladi

Reaction score
Does he have to do anything special, or just do his job? Which is what he has done so far. Just be glad. We couldn't have done much more on offense given how the defense has been. 4 red zone trips given up. That says all.

If we want to win and not look average against garbage teams, especially when you want to get paid like a top QB in the league, yeah, you probably do...

This offense, even with the addition of Lamb, looks completely the same, especially the mediocre QB, who hasn’t done anything special...

His defenders were proclaiming how explosive this offense was going to be with all this talent and it’s the same.. the only thing different is a couple crossing routes by our RBs..

Status
Not open for further replies.