Game Day *** Cowboys vs Rams post game thread ***

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Well, really couldn't tell the difference between last year and last night. Just sucks. This was such a winnable game. It has that 2016 home opener against the Giants feel. I thought when Dallas went up 14-13 that they were in the drivers seat. Terrible play calling. You have to avoid 3rd and longs and Dallas didn't. I had zero problem with going for it on 4th and 3 but my goodness don't ever run on 3rd and 6. They have a lot of work to do. When your defense only gives up 20 points (they played much better in the 2nd half) you have to take advantage. Also have to take advantage of a turnover on your side of the field. Should have had at least 27 points. Now, the sky isn't falling. It's one game and McVay just simply outcoached Dallas outside of that 3rd and 1 play call at the end. Move on and get ready for Atlanta. It is a must win. I'll feel much better about this game if they go on a run in the next few weeks (beat Atlanta, Seattle, Cleveland, NYG).

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I'm sick of watching a dink and dunk offense all game, only to open it up with a couple minutes left.

What's the point? Pay Cooper a ton of money and draft Lamb just to have them run 7-yard routes all game? Oh, not to mention that Gallup is pretty good.

If this is what we're going to get all season, I'll find something else to do on Sunday.
While I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but I said this before the game: If this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 they have to make MAJOR roster changes. Too much $$$ tied into players at the top. I'm tired of mediocre seasons.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
While I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but I said this before the game: If this team goes 8-8 or 9-7 they have to make MAJOR roster changes. Too much $$$ tied into players at the top. I'm tired of mediocre seasons.

I'll settle for ditching Kellen. I've been a big fan of the guy, but his playcalling is nothing to fawn over. Maybe it's because he never had the arm strength to get the ball down field, but his base offense seems to call nothing but short passes.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
@WillieBeamen
I know you hate Dak. Aim that hate at all world Zack and the oline that Donald had shook
Zack and the OL arent commanding $40m a year

Yall gotta be consistent. When Wentz was running for his life yesterday it was all jokes and “he sucks”.

With Dak its “well he didnt have all-world protection!”.

Donald is a great player. Probably the best player in the entire league. Its not surprising he wreaked havoc

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Zack and the OL arent commanding $40m a year

Yall gotta be consistent. When Wentz was running for his life yesterday it was all jokes and “he sucks”.

With Dak its “well he didnt have all-world protection!”.

Donald is a great player. Probably the best player in the entire league. Its not surprising he wreaked havoc
Our O line is one of the most paid units in the league.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Well....Gonna be interesting to find out who's call that was .....:popcorn:

Makes you wonder if that is why Aaron Rodgers was always audibling out of stuff....that's for sure.

Rodgers line also kept him relatively clean and he is a Jedi like master with his side stepping to,avoid the rush when needed

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Rams had the ball for almost 36 minutes....our defense couldn't get off the field....yet it's the offense that is the problem. Got it...:thumbdown:

Offense scored 17 points, so yes, it was the problem. Not many teams are going to win consistently with 17-point outputs. Seahawks gave up 25 points to the Falcons and won 38-25. Packers gave up 34 points to the Vikings and won 43-34. Only one winning team out of 14 so far in the first week scored fewer than 20 points.

The defense struggled early against a Rams scheme designed to defeat it. It adjusted and gave up just one scoring drive in the second half. I can't find it, but I would guess that time of possession in the second half didn't favor LA. It did in the first half until we adjusted, and if it did in the second half, it's likely that the reason for that is all we did offensively was drive 20 yards for one measly field goal.

Last edited: