Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints 1st half thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie

Reaction score
Being a cowboys fan for forty years it's time to start the rebuilding phase and getting rid of Garrett. I haven't enjoy watching a cowboys game for years.

Nothing's going to change with another HC. We'll just want to get rid of him in a year.

It's the same BS. Man up top.

Nothing will change until he and his family are gone.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Garrett has rarely, if ever, been able to figure out why the offense isn't working until halftime...

walrus

Reaction score
So this is what a real quarterback looks like. Wow. It makes all the difference in the world. Cowboy fans have been making excuses for Romo for years. Watch Brees - he can deliver the ball down field with consistency. Sorry to say, we'll never win (with consistency) with Romo... We haven't since he got the job and we won't till he leaves. .

since this game is basically lost, we go no huddle, no punts, no field goals and swing for the fences - really doesn't matter how much you lose by, an L is an L

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Sigh, stash. I don't have the energy to engage right now. I'm bummed to see us getting pummeled just like you are. I don't think we're getting pummeled because of coaching, if that's what you were wondering. I don't think our commitment to the running game helped us, if that's what you were wondering. I *do* think some of you guys are embarrassing yourselves with more monumental emotional overreactions, for the record. I just know enough not to step into the middle of it right now. There'll be time for that later over the course of the next two weeks, never fear.

That's convenient :)

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
So this is what a real quarterback looks like. Wow. It makes all the difference in the world. Cowboy fans have been making excuses for Romo for years. Watch Brees - he can deliver the ball down field with consistency. Sorry to say, we'll never win (with consistency) with Romo... We haven't since he got the job and we won't till he leaves. .

But Romo will pile up some garbage stats at the end of the blowout and everything good with Romo again

Zman5

Reaction score
So this is what a real offense and a HC/OC looks like. Wow. It makes all the difference in the world. Cowboy fans have been making excuses for Garrett for years. Watch Payton - he can call a play that can get the ball down field with consistency. Sorry to say, we'll never win (with consistency) with Garrett... We haven't since he got the job and we won't till he leaves. .

Hoofbite

Reaction score
After seeing how botched the last couple series were against the Lions, watching Dallas basically do the exact same thing before half only 2 weeks later is a sure sign that the staff has no clue what they're doing.

Know who your opponent is and play smart. Giving New Orleans all the time in the world and allowing them to work with ALL TIMEOUTS is just pathetic.

basilhayden

Reaction score
The defense is bad but what would anyone expect?

They've been short-handed all season. They now have 2 (3 if you count Rat) starting DL out, 1 starting LB, 1 starting CB, 1 starting safety. And Ware clearly isn't ready.

Of course they're going to be bad.

The offense has no excuse. They're just ugly all around and they've been playing like this almost all year.

This game highlights how poorly lead the Dallas offense is. It's flat out embarrassing. All of the offensive coaches should be out the door after this season.

You think the replacements that Jerry picks would be any better? Wake up.

coult44

Reaction score
Sigh, stash. I don't have the energy to engage right now. I'm bummed to see us getting pummeled just like you are. I don't think we're getting pummeled because of coaching, if that's what you were wondering. I don't think our commitment to the running game helped us, if that's what you were wondering. I *do* think some of you guys are embarrassing yourselves with more monumental emotional overreactions, for the record. I just know enough not to step into the middle of it right now. There'll be time for that later over the course of the next two weeks, never fear.

I told you earlier in the week JG would run the ball to an exhaustion just to prove a point..He did exactly that. Proved a point so that he could prove a point......Our coaches are horrible. Both the DC's and both of the OC's......Oh and the HC Jerry Jones...

Coy

Reaction score
You know the saddest part. Change a coach. Sign free agents. Draft a player. Won't matter cause GM is Jerry

Unless he hires a real HC, we are not winning with Garrett, I can't believe the ones that think this guy is a good HC.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
We've got to stop playing zone on third downs. It doesn't work if you can't get pressure, and nobody has come close to Brees except Ware. The Saints just keep converting on third down after third down because any QB can pick apart a zone with no pressure, especially Brees.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Its interesting to grow up around a perennial winner. Knowing that most games will come out victorious. I used to laugh at the Saints and Patriots of the late 70s and early 80s. Now I know how it feels.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's convenient :)

The benefits of getting your hat handed to you right before your bye. I'm praying hard for a miracle, because it's going to be a brutal two weeks around CZ, otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.