***Cowboys vs saints 2nd Half thread***

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
BRoni;4913886 said:
We all knew chances were something bad would happen punting the ball there. I want a head coach that doesn't leave me shaking my head at game management every game.

Let's see. If he doesn't call the TO's on D, he gets ripped for not leaving his team enough time to score. If he runs the ball and takes time off the clock, then he gets ripped for not being aggressive enough. If he's aggressive and it doesn't work, then he gets ripped for leaving too much time on the clock.

So, anything other than scoring a TD with no time on the clock is poor management. Got it.

Luckenbach

Reaction score
BRoni;4913886 said:
We all knew chances were something bad would happen punting the ball there. I want a head coach that doesn't leave me shaking my head at game management every game.

Well at least on this episode of 'Jason learns to coach' he might figure out that Bryant can go deep in the first half too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KLJ;4913900 said:
up by 7 with under 2 minutes and this team finds a way to be losing at half.

classic

Where have you been all season?

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Been very happy with Garrett lately,...BUT........That clock mismanagement with a little over 1 minute left in the first half was STINKY CHEESE,.....BIGTIME!

With us getting the ball 1st in the second half you RUN out the clock in that situation. Be happy to go in tied,....come out and score a td to open the second half. What you DONT do is give Brees the ball back with three timeouts left. Thats just stupid.

Add to that our defense is bruised and battered and could break at any time. WHY give Breez the chance? Dumb...plain and simple.

That 3 points is ON GARRETT.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Idgit;4913899 said:
I will, too. Though I wish that Saints offense didn't look so good.

Those blown holds on their opening drive were killer.
Unfortunately, we're likely to see that again in the 2nd half.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
I find it really hard to be mad at the Defense when it has 2nd string Practice squad players on the field today :)

BRoni

Reaction score
Picksix;4913906 said:
Let's see. If he doesn't call the TO's on D, he gets ripped for not leaving his team enough time to score. If he runs the ball and takes time off the clock, then he gets ripped for not being aggressive enough. If he's aggressive and it doesn't work, then he gets ripped for leaving too much time on the clock.

So, anything other than scoring a TD with no time on the clock is poor management. Got it.

I was happy with anything that didn't give the ball back to the Saints in the first half. The defense is depleted and has been on the field all game as it is.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
just gotta put TDs on the board and hope the defense makes a stop or 2.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Avenging Hayseed;4913909 said:
Been very happy with Garrett lately,...BUT........That clock mismanagement with a little over 1 minute left in the first half was STINKY CHEESE,.....BIGTIME!

With us getting the ball 1st in the second half you RUN out the clock in that situation. Be happy to go in tied,....come out and score a td to open the second half. What you DONT do is give Brees the ball back with three timeouts left. Thats just stupid.

Add to that our defense is bruised and battered and could break at any time. WHY give Breez the chance? Dumb...plain and simple.

That 3 points is ON GARRETT.

I'm throwing against that Saints secondary every time. It's aggressive football against a very weak secondary and a chance to go up 7 with the ball first in the second half.

Putting the Saints down by two scores in the second half would be a huge tactical advantage for a defense that's barely keeping it together against this offensive team. Making them one-dimensional would be *huge*.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
CATCH17;4913905 said:
Bad game management.

This, from the same guy who rips Garrett for not using his TO's and for not being aggressive at the end of the half.

Wood

Reaction score
not getting the game...just getting updates. 260 yards at half if scary by Drew.