Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints 2nd half thread***

Plankton

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I was completely wrong about the outcome of this game.

Make no mistake about it. Forget the two fourth quarter touchdowns. This was a beatdown. A complete, thorough butt kicking. By far the best game that this team has played under Jason Garrett.

Offensive line was great for 3+ quarters, and were cratering the Saint front left and right. Terrance Williams took advantage of 1 on 1 matchups. Romo was accurate and decisive. Witten was clutch when needed. Murray ran determined, and looks like the most complete running back in the league (he is a stud on blitz pickups). Defense was opportunistic, and limited run after the catch by the Saints. Pass rush was spotty, but they got Brees off of his mark enough to limit his effectiveness. Three turnovers forced. Just a real solid effort.

Coaching staff did an outstanding job this week - the team was well prepared, and had good plans all over the place. Sean Payton and Rob Ryan were undressed in this game, and it was good to see (though really seeing Rob Ryan undressed would be horrifying).

Only negatives tonight was the line not closing the game out on the ground as well as I would like, Harris' bonehead penalty on the punt return, and obviously the injuries to Claiborne and Carter. I think they can replace Claiborne fairly well in a zone based scheme. Carter will be a lot harder due to Durant and McClain not being 100% themselves, and that Carter has really turned the corner the last three weeks.

The key to this team being for real is to go out and impose their will on the Texans next week. Hopefully, this version of the Cowboys can handle success. J.J. Watt is likely salivating over the prospect of facing Doug Free. The Giants ran all over them - so should Dallas.

Great night tonight. Outstanding all around effort by the team and coaching staff.

MissouriCowboy

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I was completely wrong about the outcome of this game.

Make no mistake about it. Forget the two fourth quarter touchdowns. This was a beatdown. A complete, thorough butt kicking. By far the best game that this team has played under Jason Garrett.

Offensive line was great for 3+ quarters, and were cratering the Saint front left and right. Terrance Williams took advantage of 1 on 1 matchups. Romo was accurate and decisive. Witten was clutch when needed. Murray ran determined, and looks like the most complete running back in the league (he is a stud on blitz pickups). Defense was opportunistic, and limited run after the catch by the Saints. Pass rush was spotty, but they got Brees off of his mark enough to limit his effectiveness. Three turnovers forced. Just a real solid effort.

Coaching staff did an outstanding job this week - the team was well prepared, and had good plans all over the place. Sean Payton and Rob Ryan were undressed in this game, and it was good to see (though really seeing Rob Ryan undressed would be horrifying).

Only negatives tonight was the line not closing the game out on the ground as well as I would like, Harris' bonehead penalty on the punt return, and obviously the injuries to Claiborne and Carter. I think they can replace Claiborne fairly well in a zone based scheme. Carter will be a lot harder due to Durant and McClain not being 100% themselves, and that Carter has really turned the corner the last three weeks.

The key to this team being for real is to go out and impose their will on the Texans next week. Hopefully, this version of the Cowboys can handle success. J.J. Watt is likely salivating over the prospect of facing Doug Free. The Giants ran all over them - so should Dallas.

Great night tonight. Outstanding all around effort by the team and coaching staff.

I like what linebackers are doing but man we need a de to get to the Qb. I ay try Sam what the hell...not

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Where were all those dudes who were saying what idiots Dallas were for replacing Ryan and that Maranelli basically sucks. Like I said before if Ryan coached the crap which was left last season they would have given up fifty a game.

Risen Star and Alexander? They are around somewhere. Risen making sarcastic jokes all night. Alex won't be around till we lose.

popp1234

Reaction score
Now, all week we will hear, "what's wrong with the Saints" BS! For the first time this young season, by the way.

kevm3

Reaction score
This was the sort of cowboys I was expecting offensively. Defensively, they played above their weight. I thought we were going to go 5 and 11 or 4 and 12 this year, but from what I've been seeing, this Dallas team has been playing in a fashion that garners respect. That O-Line is just monstrous. Callahan has the fellas playing.Linehan has been an excellent addition and our offense finally looks like it's making use of the talent on there. The running game is sick and Romo has been looking quite sharp. Defensively, McClain has been huge. The team literally looks like they play differently when he's in the game. Marinelli got far more out of these guys than I thought.

This year may be the one where we actually start to turn the corner. Hopefully they maintain their high level of performance. If so, I'll be very impressed with the turnaround Garrett has brought.