Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints 2nd Half Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Looking at the last 4 or 5 weeks objectively leads me to the same conclusion as well. Our offensive line has been badly beaten in nearly every game we have played recently. It makes it extremely difficult for an offense to function when their offensive line is playing so poorly. Our running game has begun to negatively affect our passing game. We are throwing into loaded coverages because we are incapable of more than a 2 or 3 yard rush against a 6 man front.

I do not know why this is happening. On paper, Zach Martin and Tyron have been very good this year. In fact, pro football focus has them ranked as the second and fourth best offensive linemen in all of football right now. Their system isn't perfect, but they cannot be playing poorly and achieve that grading. It is simply impossible. I think the main issue is that Biadasz is really struggling to move people at center. He gets zero push and doesn't seem to have an amazing feel for orchestrating protections or dealing with run blitzes. McGovern/ Williams have been very up and down. Collins has surprisingly just been bad. He is not getting push in the run game and is often getting blasted into Dak's lap in the passing game. I do not know wha to do to fix it. I think we need to spend our first rounder on an interior lineman and hope we have a chance to pickup an above average free agent despite our cap situation.

Great post. Totally agree. As I posted earlier, we need a Frederick.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The Cowboys know they can throw between the numbers and run outside of them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.