Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints Post Game Thread***

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
hope O line improves greatly during mini bye week we need to blow people off line going forward
As I posted in the game thread, the Oline play is by far the biggest concern. Something is wrong there. They just didn’t forget how to run block. Our blocking scheme has been figured out, players have undisclosed injuries, etc. They better get it figured out because we won’t win a single playoff game unless we can start running the ball again.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
On 105.3 yesterday they said the last five games in The Dome, Dallas has won one, and not scored over 17 points against the Saints.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Easy, now....let's just go for 12-5 and that'll do even 11-6 wins the division, and then the fun begins.....

hope we go at least 4-1 last 5 to be 12-5 entering post season....your thoughts?....11-6 makes me still a bit too concerned

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Good, we won. Now it's time to go to the ER to see if I still have a heart.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I know a lot of fans will complain about Dak, Moore, the OL, Zeke, the lazy effort on D for final NO score.

Until That one forced throw, Dak played a smart game vs a limited offense on the other side. Be careful, don’t turn it over, and take what’s there, even if you have to punt. Most of his completed passes required excellent throws into tight coverage.

Bottom line is we won on the road in NO against a HOF coach in our 3rd game in 12 days, without our head coach, without both OL coaches, without several others, with limited Zeke, with very limited play from Cooper who opens up the game for everyone, and with DLaw just coming back, but no Gregory.

Road wins are tough, but we are now 8-4, have 10 days to get well and healthy and prepared while coaches and players return just in time for the season’s end. Go Cowboys! :flagwave:

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Offense is a bit stop and start atm. We have all seen it in recent weeks etc etc. But we have the tools/talent and as such won ugly C.
Defence gives up some big plays at times, but is still work in progress and I am now watching games expecting turnovers B+.
The 2nd half where neither team wanted the ball, creating more turnovers than a restless sleeper.
All I keep wondering is can we make a deep play off run....

Win ugly & now 8-4
Go cowboys !

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
See our biggest problems in OL is , any Above average DL ( mean DT ) can eat it alive. Surprising with Martin and Tyron and Laell that can happen , it means that Biadaz and Connor are that much liability.
Martin has been far from stellar as well.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Offense is a bit stop and start atm. We have all seen it in recent weeks etc etc. But we have the tools/talent and as such won ugly C.
Defence gives up some big plays at times, but is still work in progress and I am now watching games expecting turnovers B+.
The 2nd half where neither team wanted the ball, creating more turnovers than a restless sleeper.

Win ugly & now 8-4
Go cowboys !

And Zuerlin made all his kicks

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As I posted in the game thread, the Oline play is by far the biggest concern. Something is wrong there. They just didn’t forget how to run block. Our blocking scheme has been figured out, players have undisclosed injuries, etc. They better get it figured out because we won’t win a single playoff game unless we can start running the ball again.

bourbon---and it is scheme its not lack of quality players....its all on coaching my opinion going forward

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its a win, but we need to use the mini bye to fix whats wrong with the offense

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We don’t apologize for wins in the NFL.
But

The offense has looked pretty rusty for over a month now. OL is a problem and not just Tyron. Everyone is all over the place, play calling is weird. Sit Zeke and get him healthy for the playoffs. It’s dumb.

It isn’t rust the offense has regressed. If we don’t get turnovers we’re in trouble. The Cowboys are not the same team they were earlier in the season.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Win ugly & now 8-4
Go cowboys !

i will take 8-4 going into mini bye week....we need to dig deep in our best coaching available

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO is a tough place to play. I did not expect a blowout win. I did expect it to to close as it was. But not as sloppy as it was.

The defense took over but not with pressure as I thought. More of being opportunistic with some errant throws. And some good plays as well.
Diggs and especially Kearse. And Watkins was a thing of beauty.

We will take the win and enjoy it for the next 10 days. But this team has work to do on both sides of the ball.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
bourbon---and it is scheme its not lack of quality players....its all on coaching my opinion going forward
Very possible. Like I said, whatever it is better get figured out. Our offense is sputtering because our run game has been totally shut down.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Parsons - 1 sack 1 TFL 5 tackles 2 QB hurries - 1 future DPOY.