Status
Not open for further replies.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please keep it within the guidelines...

Oh and remember this is probably like Superbowl for texans where it is just another preseason game for the Cowboys

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Any players of note to watch tonight who will actually be playing, or is this strictly going to be a 3rd/4th/5th stringers affair?

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I'll be watching Swaim, whatever RBs play, our DBs and DL, and Weems.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On pregame show, Garrett said Vaughan plays 1st half and into 3rd quarter, then Showers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No numbers in mind as to how many make the final spots, nor how many are up for grabs.
One miraculous night will not make any player make the team, they look at the body of work.

If the player didn't deserve to be here at this point, they wouldn't be. They already shown they belong at to this point.

Proximo

Reaction score
On pregame show, Garrett said Vaughan plays 1st half and into 3rd quarter, then Showers.

Interesting. Could be a very important game for Vaughn and the FO determining what they'll do with him.

silver

Reaction score
This game might determine where we go long and where we go short looking forward the waiver claims on saturday. It's always interesting to me regardless.

superonyx

Reaction score
It would be nice if Dunbar would get some carries. He is the 3rd back and should get some work running the ball at some point. I know ...I know...he plays special teams...blah blah.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irvin says one of 2, pass rush or run game, you can get to SB. Last year had the run game. This year they can have the pass rush, and will find a run game.

Talking about last not not,getting to Rogers and him banged up.
This year they seem to have corrected that.

Waiting to see the running back trio for this year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Honestly I'm expect the Cowboys to put a product on the field tonight that will be hard to recognize in comparison to the team during the regular season. It will be an ugly game and may very well be a blow out. I will stay interested by looking for specific performances on the field. Vaughn vs Showers. Swaim will have my attention. The Special Teams play will have my attention. This is the final exam for many young players and I wish them all well.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm changing the guidelines. Insults, religion and politics is the name of the game.

engage.jpg

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Any players of note to watch tonight who will actually be playing, or is this strictly going to be a 3rd/4th/5th stringers affair?

Ryan Russell
Keith Smith

think they got a shot to make it...........

These guys better show something tonight.......

Ben Gardner
Lavar Edwards
Jasper Brinkley
A.J. Jenkins
Lucky Whitehead
Vaughn

Bluefin

Reaction score
Interesting. Could be a very important game for Vaughn and the FO determining what they'll do with him.

Yes.

On one hand, the team saw enough from Dustin Vaughan to keep him as the third QB last season when it was not their intent to go long at the position.

Not only did Vaughan force his way onto the 53, he stayed there all season, which is nothing to sneeze at.

But he hasn't looked good the last two pre-season games.

The games matter, no mistake, but we don't know what the coaching staff and front office really think of Vaughan inside the walls of Valley Ranch.

Is he football smart? Committed in the class room and weight room? Does he take coaching and translate it to the field? Do his teammates respond to him?

Questions like these may be vital to determining Vaughan's future.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ryan Russell
Keith Smith

think they got a shot to make it...........

These guys better show something tonight.......

Ben Gardner
Lavar Edwards
Jasper Brinkley
A.J. Jenkins
Lucky Whitehead
Vaughn

Vaughn can be Marino, won't make any difference.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think Lucky Whitehead holds his fate in his hands. If he does well, he can make the team. If not, he likely won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.