Game Day ***Cowboys vs Washington post game thread***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Once there was an ugly team named Washington. They were so ugly, that their entire team got blown out constantly. The end.

zeke21

Reaction score
Perfect way to cap off Christmas. Great win, solid to spectacular in all 3 phases. Hard to dissect because it was against a weak opposition who also had short turn around and all the COVID issues.. so it should always have been a blow out.

The very good is that our defence keeps stepping up.. take aways, TDs off turnovers and lots of pressure. We have a solid DL, some great coverage and we kept almost everything in front of us. Our defence absolutely lights out shows the difference coaching and a few players can make. We were hands down the worst defence in the league two years ago and last year not much better.. but I do think most opposition coaches would be scared coming into our house to play this D.

Special Teams never really gets much of a mention.. but boy when they do something.. it shows. Another TD off a blocked or returned kick/punt and solid kicking and punting game. Special Teams can be a 'difference' maker come play offs and our unit is working well.

Offence got out of the deep hole it has been in.. and I hope just the beginning of a return to form. No surprise at all that it came off the back of Zeke looking sharper and making some nice plays. Then the air attack got going and clearly Coopers mini 'temper tantrum' made Dak actually realise he is out there! Almost a perfect game from Dak.. didn't like the long shots in the back half of the 3rd.. I know we were in front but we need to just keep doing what we are doing. Dak looks awesome targetting the ball in short and spreading it around to different locations. He was really helped in the pass action with some great fakes and also that we busted a few runs early. Should be a blue print of how to score.

Overall very hard camper.. can't wait for next week.. hoping for a big Vikings win and for us to beat Arizona.. make it count in week 17.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Perfect way to cap off Christmas. Great win, solid to spectacular in all 3 phases. Hard to dissect because it was against a weak opposition who also had short turn around and all the COVID issues.. so it should always have been a blow out.

The very good is that our defence keeps stepping up.. take aways, TDs off turnovers and lots of pressure. We have a solid DL, some great coverage and we kept almost everything in front of us. Our defence absolutely lights out shows the difference coaching and a few players can make. We were hands down the worst defence in the league two years ago and last year not much better.. but I do think most opposition coaches would be scared coming into our house to play this D.

Special Teams never really gets much of a mention.. but boy when they do something.. it shows. Another TD off a blocked or returned kick/punt and solid kicking and punting game. Special Teams can be a 'difference' maker come play offs and our unit is working well.

Offence got out of the deep hole it has been in.. and I hope just the beginning of a return to form. No surprise at all that it came off the back of Zeke looking sharper and making some nice plays. Then the air attack got going and clearly Coopers mini 'temper tantrum' made Dak actually realise he is out there! Almost a perfect game from Dak.. didn't like the long shots in the back half of the 3rd.. I know we were in front but we need to just keep doing what we are doing. Dak looks awesome targetting the ball in short and spreading it around to different locations. He was really helped in the pass action with some great fakes and also that we busted a few runs early. Should be a blue print of how to score.

Overall very hard camper.. can't wait for next week.. hoping for a big Vikings win and for us to beat Arizona.. make it count in week 17.
Quality win!!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The pilot helped me out a bit today. Once we landed, the pilot was hauling *** with the plane on the taxiway. We had to be going about 60+mph to the gate. Must be a Cowboys supporter like me wanting to see the mauling the Cowboys put on Washington lol (and we landed early despite a delay)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I didn't care for Tafoya acting in the interview like just because Dak played at the level he had been before the injury that it meant he didn't go through a slump. It doesn't take much as a reporter to know that he had been slumping. He busted out of it in a big way tonight and that's something we really needed to see.

Of course, like with most things in a team game, it also meant that the rest of the offense also played better and ended its slump.