RELEASED Cowboys waive Antwaun Woods

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I heard the timing was what is truly bad. The Cowboys called Woods at home last night as he was sitting down to start eating at his dinner table.

He got up and left the freshly cooked dinner on the table after hanging up the call.

What a waste. :muttley:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Sure hope the surplus of long arms works out. If not we will have a team made for getting things off your top shelf or for stocking groceries..:)

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Interesting move since the team just tendered him recently.
And he was the " veteran " of the DT group here.

I wonder if that release was about cap casualty/depth crunch ..or Woods possibly requesting his release behind the scenes.
Its been speculated in the past that he's been disgruntled about his role and salary here.
His role fit has him more of a rotation type- the more he had to start, the less effective he'd become.

Now makes the DL unit numbers as such:
1) Gregory
2 Dlaw
3) Hill
4) Gallimore
5) Gholston
6) Osa
7) Gholston
8) Anae
9) Basham
10) Bohanna

My early prediction/projection has Armstrong Not making the team......otherwise whom am I missing and leaving out ?
How much of Woods' salary is freed up on the cap with his release ?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Woods has been here a few years and has done nothing including being a part of that awful defense last year. You guys hate on Dak, Connor Williams and Jaylon and they have all been better and more productive players than Woods.

I like Woods but it's time to move on. Most everybody from last year can be replaced. Time to earn your spot and stop this crap play that don't care and get these young "dawgs" in here that want to play. Every player needs to be on high alert and know they could be next if they don't improve.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
umm why offer and sign him to the new deal then cut him? what waste he literally just inked his deal what 2 weeks ago? how much did that cost them?
I think that's smart. you don't know what happens in draft....even if there were plenty of DL men to take, you still don't know if you get who you want. given Woods was an anchor in the middle for run defense and a 2 down player, they are probably envisioning Bohana in that role....so this is not a big loss

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wow. This seems like way too early. Why not take woods to training camp? I can’t think of a reason.

Yeah, seems a bit premature. It could be in Quinn’s analysis of the roster he wasn’t a fan of Woods. In a strange way they may doing him a favor by cutting him now so he can latch on with another team.

That said, he seemed like decent enough rotation player.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Interesting move since the team just tendered him recently.
And he was the " veteran " of the DT group here.

I wonder if that release was about cap casualty/depth crunch ..or Woods possibly requesting his release behind the scenes.
Its been speculated in the past that he's been disgruntled about his role and salary here.
His role fit has him more of a rotation type- the more he had to start, the less effective he'd become.

Now makes the DL unit numbers as such:
1) Gregory
2 Dlaw
3) Hill
4) Gallimore
5) Gholston
6) Osa
7) Gholston
8) Anae
9) Basham
10) Bohanna

My early prediction/projection has Armstrong Not making the team......otherwise whom am I missing and leaving out ?
How much of Woods' salary is freed up on the cap with his release ?
"Gholston" so good he on there twice.