RELEASED Cowboys waive Cooper Rush

lostar2009

Reaction score
Watch and see....Rush wont even be signed for camp by any team.

And this is the guy we were rolling with as #2 for years.

Rush probably had the best preseason of any back up qb. Then all of a sudden he decline and decline hard. Never saw someone fall off the way he did.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
And it's not even any individual game. Rush simply lacked the requisite skillset to play QB in the NFL.

Yet this guy is trying to make a case for Rush. It will be interesting to see if he ever gets a sniff at the NFL again.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yet this guy is trying to make a case for Rush. It will be interesting to see if he ever gets a sniff at the NFL again.
Rush is a very heady player, really knows the game, so it wouldn't shock me to see him as a backup again.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Rush is a very heady player, really knows the game, so it wouldn't shock me to see him as a backup again.

Hmmm. Sounds like an OC around these parts. An OC that at least had a moment as a starter and was a big time college QB. Yet he did not have the physical ability. Rush is not going to be a backup.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The unforced cuts seem strange. Players get hurt. Why give up your rights to them?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Good luck to him. He came here and gave his best for 3 years.
I never thought he got a chance in preseason games with Garrett's putrid beyond vanilla preseason offense. Not saying Rush would have got a starting position but at least give the player a chance. Hopefully, McCarthy opens the offense up in the preseason. I could not stomach any more of Garrett preseason games.

mmohican29

Reaction score
This off-season has - if nothing else-highlighted exactly how inept Jason Garrett really was.

It took Mac 6 weeks to create a plan to fix the QB situation behind Dak.

Garrett? No plan whatsoever. Not even a hint of one.

Just roll with the players that you know.

Keep the same **** coaches, and hope for the best 10 years in a row.

Hoping Daddy Jerry buys him that toy that all the other kids will envy, then breaking it while it's still in the box.

Garrett is a clown.

Oneiros

Reaction score
This off-season has - if nothing else-highlighted exactly how inept Jason Garrett really was.

Hoping Daddy Jerry buys him that toy that all the other kids will envy, then breaking it while it's still in the box.

Garrett is a clown.
I'm absolutely thrilled with the job that McCarthy has done so far with the roster from top to bottom.

It's a night and day difference from where we were before and I couldn't be happier.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I'm absolutely thrilled with the job that McCarthy has done so far with the roster from top to bottom.

It's a night and day difference from where we were before and I couldn't be happier.

It's like the sun came out

Earliest-Sunrise-June-A191879830.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Garrett is a clown.

To think how close this team may have come to again trading away a future 1st round pick for Jamal Adams in another effort to bail out a proven failure of a head coach.

jsb357

Reaction score
in another effort to bail out a proven failure of a head coach.

I dislike Garrett and a coach as much as anyone and the "Garrett Speak" that permeated the
culture of this organization for over decade only saw tiny glimmers worthy of the star on the
side of the helmet.

However, given a perennial backup QB, with a Princeton education and no head coaching experience
convinced an Arkansas billionaire to hire him as the coach of the most valuable sports franchise
on the planet and kept him on the job over 10 years, I ask one thing... Who's the failure here?

:huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dislike Garrett and a coach as much as anyone and the "Garrett Speak" that permeated the
culture of this organization for over decade only saw tiny glimmers worthy of the star on the
side of the helmet.

However, given a perennial backup QB, with a Princeton education and no head coaching experience
convinced an Arkansas billionaire to hire him as the coach of the most valuable sports franchise
on the planet and kept him on the job over 10 years, I ask one thing... Who's the failure here?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS0H9gS4fk48bao2PY9YeaLpNRUokNTwSQEaQ0cst8-SyptFMk2&usqp=CAU

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
side of the helmet.

Jerry’s biggest failing is that he shoots his mouth off first before checking for proof of what he is saying. That is basically what happened with Garrett. He basically shot his mouth off proclaiming that Garrett was the next big thing in coaching and it took a decade to finally see what fans and Parcells saw from day 1. You also need to factor in Jerrys regret I n losing Sean Payton and how much that played into his choices with Garrett.