Cowboys Waive WR Chris Brown

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Why do we sign these undrafted wr's 2-3 year contracts, then cut them after 1 season? Scouts suck at this I'm guessing.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Why do we sign these undrafted wr's 2-3 year contracts, then cut them after 1 season? Scouts suck at this I'm guessing.

I don't think the Cowboys give any of these players much of a signing bonus (if any) much less a guaranteed deal, so it's a low cost peak at a player with potential. If he pans out, great. If not, we move on to the next guy and swing again. Not much to get real upset about, IMO.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys give any of these players much of a signing bonus (if any) much less a guaranteed deal, so it's a low cost peak at a player with potential. If he pans out, great. If not, we move on to the next guy and swing again. Not much to get real upset about, IMO.

Thanks for the clarification.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know there's somebody around here who will take this news hard. They kept listing Chris Brown repeatedly among their wide receiver list for 2017.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
image.jpg

Bye bye

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
too bad.....I thought he had a shot to crack the 53 with TWill, Butler and maybe Lucky moving on

Maybe it will be Andy Jones

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
too bad.....I thought he had a shot to crack the 53 with TWill, Butler and maybe Lucky moving on

Maybe it will be Andy Jones
It's always weird when a guy gets cut this time of year. The team has no reason to cut the player at this point. I always assume that the player got in trouble or didn't stay with the required workout plan. Usually guys that are out of shape get cut in April.