Cowboys Waive WR Chris Brown

dogberry

Reaction score
What list did we cut him from?

During the season was him on the roster, the practice squad, an injured reserve...?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's always weird when a guy gets cut this time of year. The team has no reason to cut the player at this point. I always assume that the player got in trouble or didn't stay with the required workout plan. Usually guys that are out of shape get cut in April.
He was originally waive injured for a broken foot. They probably had no plans for him for awhile. Do they do physicals this time of year?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Why do we sign these undrafted wr's 2-3 year contracts, then cut them after 1 season? Scouts suck at this I'm guessing.

Undrafted rookies have to sign three-year contracts. It's in the CBA.

Section 3. Rookie Contracts:
(a) Contract Length.
Every Rookie Contract shall have a fixed and unalterable contract length: (i) four years for Rookies selected in the first round of the Draft, with a Club option for a fifth year as described in Section 7 below; (ii) four years for Rookies selected in rounds two through seven of the Draft (including any compensatory draft selections); and (iii) three years for Undrafted Rookies.

Plankton

Reaction score
Hard to keep a spot when you have a hard time beating press coverage due to a lack of strength, and you didn't play special teams at all in college.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He should have signed the singer of the same name. We know he can beat tight coverage.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What list did we cut him from?

During the season was him on the roster, the practice squad, an injured reserve...?

The Cowboys waived Brown back on August 19 with the "waived-injured" designation. He could have been claimed by somebody else despite the injury; per NFL rules. Since no team claimed him then, he reverted to the Cowboys' injured reserve list; where he stayed all season.