RELEASED Cowboys waiving T Brandon Knight

Knotamus

Reaction score
Personally, I understand the roster move to release Knight, but I’m hoping we can resign him to the Practice Squad. Unfortunately, he’ll prob get claimed if I had to guess. There’s too many teams looking for (any) OL depth, especially if said OL has any kind of game experience.

I see where some have disregarded his potential bc of how quickly Steele has developed, but Knight has a chance to be a viable starter with more time and a solidified position. Knight has played multiple positions which makes him even more valuable to other teams. It’s well known, unless your a highly touted 1st/2nd pick, OL tend to struggle initially when they enter the league.. especially Undrafted OL. They find out quickly it’s a Grown Man’s game at the NFL level and this usually takes a few years to adjust to. Unfortunately, due to roster limitations and yearly roster turnover..it’s hard for teams to hold these players long enough to truely tap into their potential.

At 6’4” 315lbs, Knight isn’t a chump. He actually played better than Steele early on last year, when both was thrown into unfavorable conditions. Obviously, Steele seeming progressed quicker, but that’s not an indication that Knight won’t develop either. Knight needs to get stronger and settle in at one position(preferably at Gaurd).

Sorry, my post is long in the tooth.. I just wanted to shed some light on a player some seem to have giving up on. Yes, Dal has Ball and Hyatt waiting in the wings, but we have no clue what they can do at this point. And if last year proved anything, Dal needs to continue to develop as many OL as they can for two reasons: 1) Tyron and La’el are proven to not be as reliable (health wise) 2) Developmental OL players will help the salary cap down the road.

Last edited: