RELEASED Cowboys waiving T Brandon Knight

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Ball missed most of preseason and the regular season up to now. With other players expected to return (DLaw, Hill, Gallimore, Joseph, Gallup) only so many roster spots available. Short of unexpected injuries, Ball will likely remain on IR for the season.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I read that he was getting snaps at guard in training camp and it looked to me like it made him worse at tackle.

Given the lack of offensive line depth throughout the league, it will be interesting to see if he passes through waivers?

I’d have cut Nsekhe first.

I won't be surprised if the Panthers pick him up. They did sign Cam Erving this year. Who knows?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Ball missed most of preseason and the regular season up to now. With other players expected to return (DLaw, Hill, Gallimore, Joseph, Gallup) only so many roster spots available. Short of unexpected injuries, Ball will likely remain on IR for the season.

For a sprained ankle? I'm all for maximizing the PS and 53-man roster but that is really pushing the envelope.

conner01

Reaction score
I would not bet that Knight passes through waivers. There are some very desperate teams out there for OL. As a 3rd-stringer he is pretty good. Some teams are down to using 3rd stringers right now.
He may not but to claim him they have to add him to 53 so a little less likely but there are some desperate teams like the giants

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think they thought they were getting another Cam Fleming/Cam Erving. But Nsekhe looked shot. And that was before his recent episode.
Fleming and serving to me at least showed they can start. Nsekhe is a career swing tackle at 36…just never made sense but at least it was low cost.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Expected this type of move with La'el Collins back on the 53 come Monday. The Cowboys weren't likely to carry ten active linemen with all the players due back off IR in the coming weeks.

BackInTown

Reaction score
Dude was worse than Steele last season.
He was better than Steele last season. Objectively. But I think the coaches saw more potential in Steele, and it looks like they were probably right. However, Knight offered OT/OG flexibility, so I’m surprised that they kept Nsecke. But I think I am learning to trust Philbin and other Cowboys evaluators... it’s gonna be ok.

BackInTown

Reaction score
I don't think that is even a consideration in any of this. Tyron Smith is planning on playing. I don't think Knight nor Nsekhe make it to the field if Smith goes down after Collins returns. Collins would move to LT, Martin to RT and McGovern would play RG. Williams and Biadasz would just stay where they are. Until Collins returns, we still have Steele as a viable option at swing tackle.

This is a good take. They are making a small gamble that they won’t need two solid OTs this season, since they expect Smith to play and LC to return. They can make this gamble because of the Martin to RT/McGovern to RG possibility. What has me a bit confused is the trust in Nsekhe (sp?). I think the Steele experience has led me to trust them to make this call, but I personally don’t see it, especially with the OG flex of Knight.