Cowboys Watching Options for Military Overseas

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
let me preface. I'm Ex Navy, and the only way I could HEAR my 'boys play back in 80 on my ship, was a short wave radio on my ship. I was an electronics tech in charge of the radios, listening to the Armed Forces Radio Network, and knew where to go.

My son is over there now on a ship doing the same thing, but times have changed, and they have Satellite data, and still the old analog HF radio.

Got an avenue for him to watch? I'm setting him up to listen at least to "The Ticket" online, but video would be better. i'm sure it will "buffer fill" all over the place while at Sea, but it would make his day and the rest of our young men in Harms Way.

thx!

htd

kmp77

Reaction score
You could always get a slingbox and let him watch over the internet.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
He might get lucky and get a station that plays the Cowboys game. It's a hit and miss, depending on his location and work shift.

I've made 4 Westpac deployments and one Med cruise onboard the aircraft carriers during my naval career and I was able to catch few games but missed lot of Cowboys games.

HighTechDave

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1819159 said:
He might get lucky and get a station that plays the Cowboys game. It's a hit and miss, depending on his location and work shift.

I've made 4 Westpac deployments and one Med cruise onboard the aircraft carriers during my naval career and I was able to catch few games but missed lot of Cowboys games.

you would think they would have a schedule on SHF or the Armed Forces Radio. Hell he's the Electronic Tech, I'll let him figure it out.. Problem is, he is around Japan, and they are 14 hours ahead (middle of the night)

Did a few WestPacs here too, but that was way long ago. put it this way, my Destroyer was the first Tomahawk Test ship DD976

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I never tried listening to games on AFN but when I was overseas they would show the games on TV but this was 20 yrs ago.

HighTechDave

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1819177 said:
I never tried listening to games on AFN but when I was overseas they would show the games on TV but this was 20 yrs ago.

30 years ago for me next year. Remember the BOOM BOX? Friend of mine had a monster one with ShortWave built into it. I listened to the Armed Forces Radio Network by putting the antenna up against one of my 30' whip antenna's.

Listened to the Cowboys kick the crap out of the Commanders in the middle of the night during a storm in the middle of the Pacific.

Now how much more of a Cowboys fan can you be??? (hmmm, start of a new thread?)

:star:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
HighTechDave;1819194 said:
30 years ago for me next year. Remember the BOOM BOX? Friend of mine had a monster one with ShortWave built into it. I listened to the Armed Forces Radio Network by putting the antenna up against one of my 30' whip antenna's.

Listened to the Cowboys kick the crap out of the Commanders in the middle of the night during a storm in the middle of the Pacific.

Now how much more of a Cowboys fan can you be??? (hmmm, start of a new thread?)

:star:

When I was overseas was when were were sucking so I never got to see any of our games. The first one I can remember seeing was against Philly when Troy got hurt and Babe had to play. :(