Cowboys we really didn't get to know

mrmojo

Reaction score
Scott Laidlaw, had a few great games with the Boys in late 70s then he just disappeared....don't even know if he ever caught on with another team after Dallas..

plasticman

Reaction score
During the pre-internet days of the Dallas Cowboy Weekly, the greatest publication in the history of mankind, they had detailed biographies of almost every Cowboy.

I remembered them all. Nowadays I can't remember were I put my car keys.

rynochop

Reaction score
During the pre-internet days of the Dallas Cowboy Weekly, the greatest publication in the history of mankind, they had detailed biographies of almost every Cowboy.

Back in the very late 80s early 90s I had this gf and we'd go to her neighbors house for bbqs occasionally and he had a subscription, I'd pretty much ignore the convo and read those.
Now you hear about news in minutes that you'd probably never know about back then

mrmojo

Reaction score
Robert Shaw, had potential to be a great center but had career ending injury.....

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The reason why Landry got fired and the Dallas Cowboys went down the drain in the later 80's....
Robert Shaw (knee)
Mike Sherrad (given number 88, broken leg)
Jesse Penn (4.55 40 yd time, neck injury)
Billy Cannon Jr. (4.45 40yd time, neck injury)
Kevin Brooks (another Michigan DL 1st rounder let go)

All these players had Pro Bowl level talent out of college. Flashed but injuries ruined everything.

plymkr

Reaction score
It seemed liked only one week of training would pass...then Mart Johnson would get injured. That went for three preseasons.
Yeah and every preseason we were getting our hopes up he could be a player. Then first day of camp he'd pull his hamstring in pre-practice stretching and then be "day to day" for the rest of the season.