Cowboys were on Beckham's short list of trade destinations

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You really think that is mental gymnastics? lol

So if Dak was up in Cincinnati you think Odell would want to go there because Dak is there? Come on.

He is a prima donna and would love to be on the biggest stage the NFL has to offer. Pretty simple to connect the dots.
Patriots are a big stage...he didn’t mention them though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Said Randy Moss, Ocho Cinco and Josh Gordon. But continue lol.......

Ocho and Moss were at the end of their career and had a chance to chase titles.

Josh Gordon had no choice and eventually quit.

BTW... Even if Odell wanted to go to New England he would know the odds of Bill putting up with him and giving up that much compensation for him is almost not even worth mentioning.

BTW.. You've moved the goal posts. This conversation was about his reason for wanting to come to Dallas and had nothing to do with New England.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ocho and Moss were at the end of their career and had a chance to chase titles.

Josh Gordon had no choice and eventually quit.

BTW... Even if Odell wanted to go to New England he would know the odds of Bill putting up with him and giving up that much compensation for him is almost not even worth mentioning.

BTW.. You've moved the goal posts. This conversation was about his reason for wanting to come to Dallas and had nothing to do with New England.
I didn’t move a goal post. You made a claim that he wanted to come to Dallas because they were a popular franchise and not because he wanted to play with Dak. I bring up he would’ve chose the Pats if he just wanted to play with a high profile team and then you attempted to push the goal posts back by saying they wouldn’t put up with a diva even though they have had a history of them.

All of it is moot. Browns aren’t a high profile team so what’s your excuse there?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I didn’t move a goal post. You made a claim that he wanted to come to Dallas because they were a popular franchise and not because he wanted to play with Dak. I bring up he would’ve chose the Pats if he just wanted to play with a high profile team and then you attempted to push the goal posts back by saying they wouldn’t put up with a diva even though they have had a history of them.

All of it is moot. Browns aren’t a high profile team so what’s your excuse there?

You brought New England into the conversation. That is when the goal posts were moved.

It's not just them putting up with a Diva. It's them putting up with a Diva and giving up a crap ton of picks on top of that.

Like I said.. He isn't going to Cincinnati to play with Dak. Simple as that.

condoin125

Reaction score

They're about to be....that offense alone will get them a ton of prime time games this season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They played in the same division in college and he's buds with Dak. No way this GM was compounding this by trading him to a team that would return to NY every year. The Giants pickup Cowboys players, they do not trade to them.

Strange list though, I would have thought that GB, NE or NO would have been at the top and I am surprised he didn't end up with PIT. Lose Brown and let the Browns get Beckham? Hope the PIT GM has kept where he lives a secret. He'll need to have the only man on the team come over to protect them. But he better tell him to stay out of the bathroom with his daughter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Little harsh Willie,, ODB would have made Dak a Superstar, over night.
Drama, drama, and more drama, but ODB would have made Dak.
He would need all the acrobatics in his arsenal to catch an overthrow from Dak.
Just buy him a few more kicker's nets because after the 10th overthrow/underthrow, he'd need to take out his anger on something. ;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You brought New England into the conversation. That is when the goal posts were moved.

It's not just them putting up with a Diva. It's them putting up with a Diva and giving up a crap ton of picks on top of that.

Like I said.. He isn't going to Cincinnati to play with Dak. Simple as that.
But he went to Cleveland to play with Mayfield as if Cleveland are this popular franchise lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But he went to Cleveland to play with Mayfield as if Cleveland are this popular franchise lol.

Because Cleveland gave up a ton of compensation and one of his best friends happens to be there.

He doesn't really have a choice. He's under contract and got traded.

This is common sense stuff you know that right?

I shouldn't have to point out the obvious just so you can argue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They're about to be....that offense alone will get them a ton of prime time games this season.
I agree with that. They probably are now a high profile team and if they win games they are going to be must-see tv. But His argument that he wanted to go to a big market team is silly. Whoever he went to was going to be a big market team regardless for the most part.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because Cleveland gave up a ton of compensation and one of his best friends happens to be there.

He doesn't really have a choice. He's under contract and got traded.

This is common sense stuff you know that right?

I shouldn't have to point out the obvious just so you can argue.
You are acting dumb to prove a point because of your distaste for Dak. You don't have to be anti-Dak 100% of the time. You can take a day or two off. Fact is, he wanted to play with Dak. You can flip that however you want. It doesn't mean Dak is a great qb because he wanted to play with him. He just wanted to for whatever reason. I don't get why you have to stoop to this level. For what? Who cares what ODB thinks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are acting dumb to prove a point because of your distaste for Dak. You don't have to be anti-Dak 100% of the time. You can take a day or two off. Fact is, he wanted to play with Dak. You can flip that however you want. It doesn't mean Dak is a great qb because he wanted to play with him. He just wanted to for whatever reason. I don't get why you have to stoop to this level. For what? Who cares what ODB thinks.

I'm acting dumb because I think Odell wanted to come here more for the stage then Dak? Really?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm acting dumb because I think Odell wanted to come here more for the stage then Dak? Really?
Yes you are and you are going to keep arguing about it but I've stated why I think this makes no sense.

He had Cleveland on his list. Friends with Landry or not your argument that he wanted to go to a big stage is incorrect. Cleveland is not a big stage.
I bring up the Pats as a big market team yet they weren't on his list of teams to go to. Then you go and argue about that by insinuating they wouldn't put up with a diva even though they just traded for Gordon just last year lol.

This is just too much. We will agree to disagree. I can't make it any clearer than your point is off based. You are being stubborn.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wait.

How is this supposed to make everyone feel?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You’re arguing with one of Daks loyalist fans so he can’t do no wrong with his average self in their eyes.

khiladi

Reaction score
Who is Charles Robinson?

And Beckham and Dez are tight and friends and workout together in the off-season. I doubt he wanted to be part of this mess.

From what I’ve read, Beckham is surprised he got traded, particularly to the Browns. How is that his preferred choice? In fact, it was said Beckham was playing nice in NY this year, and was cool with the rebuild phase.