Twitter: Cowboys will again have back to back Thursday games

aria

Reaction score
IIRC, there’s some numeric system that can be used to determine which schedules are the hardest, and I’m not talking about who they play. It has to do with days off between games, travel, etc and the Giants actually had the worst schedule in the NFL last year. So please shut up with the ridiculous conspiracy theories before the schedule even comes out.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It is a conspiracy
That is 3 games in 11 days as opposed to 3 in 18 days

Every team with a Thursday game plays 3 in 11 days unless they have a bye before/after. This is a week between games, it's no different than any other time.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Everyone says that but Im sitting over here happy to have another day of football lol.
I don't have the time. By the time I'm done with work it's 7. I help the wife make dinner and then I have to start helping get the kiddos to bed. So many times I've been reminded the cowboys are playing by friends or a brother. I've always preferred Sunday day games. I hate staying up late lol

Reactions: CWR

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a conspiracy
That is 3 games in 11 days as opposed to 3 in 18 days

Any team that plays even one Thursday game has to do that. The only thing playing 2 back to back does is defer the 10 day break until after the 2nd Thursday game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any team that plays even one Thursday game has to do that. The only thing playing 2 back to back does is defer the 10 day break until after the 2nd Thursday game.

Every team with a Thursday game plays 3 in 11 days unless they have a bye before/after. This is a week between games, it's no different than any other time.

Yes. But how many teams play a SNF, and even away, then a Thursday game. Even though we don't this year, but we have 2 of the last 3 years. One at home and one on the road.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. But how many teams play a SNF, and even away, then a Thursday game. Even though we don't this year, but we have 2 of the last 3 years. One at home and one on the road.

Playing Sunday night on the road before a Thursday definitely makes it tougher, and probably shouldn't have happened. I'm not worried about the Thursday games this year though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playing Sunday night on the road before a Thursday definitely makes it tougher, and probably shouldn't have happened. I'm not worried about the Thursday games this year though.

I actually like the schedule layout this year. And the more one looks at this new way they are doing the schedule, as it may become a tradition, we play the Thursday after T-Day, that 10 days rest can actually be in our favor. More rest before the final 4 games.