Cowboys will learn more from this loss than if they had won...

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
I was very disappointed with the loss, however, the loss will serve as an ear-splitting wake-up call to the Cowboys in several ways:

1) They can't continue with the slow starts anymore.

2) Penalties will continue to kill drives and cost them points.

3) They must get more out of the punt and kick return game for field position.

4) The defensive back seven must improve their coverage skills and maybe Nate Jones needs to be re-evaluated.

Would the Cowboys have learned these lessons if they had pulled out a miraculous come-back?

The answer is a resounding "NO!" They would have continued to pay lip service to their short-comings but they would not have addressed it with the seriousness and urgency that is sorely needed.

The Patriots, in their methodical and skillful dismantling of the Cowboys, revealed all of the Cowboys weaknesses in glaring detail that the Cowboys will not be able to ignore anymore.

I think that the Cowboys will learn a lot from this loss and what they learn will help them to become a Superbowl contender later in the season. Next time, the result will be different!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Preach on, if we get another shot at the Patriots I am sure we will perform much better

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dthahn;1710365 said:
I was very disappointed with the loss, however, the loss will serve as an ear-splitting wake-up call to the Cowboys in several ways:

1) They can't continue with the slow starts anymore.

2) Penalties will continue to kill drives and cost them points.

3) They must get more out of the punt and kick return game for field position.

4) The defensive back seven must improve their coverage skills and maybe Nate Jones needs to be re-evaluated.

Would the Cowboys have learned these lessons if they had pulled out a miraculous come-back?

The answer is a resounding "NO!"

I'm pretty sure they were aware of all those things before the game. What amazed me is that the Pat's had so much success spreading us out, and that MUST have been what we expected. Were we so unprepared, or are we just that bad in coverage? The front seven played well, the coverage didn't hold up their end.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
Or put it this way-some teams, plain and simple, give certain teams MATCHUP NIGHTMARES.

Look at the Spurs/Mavs/Suns rivalries. You can make the case that the Spurs are by far the best of the bunch. However-as dominant as they are over the Suns, they just can't beat the Mavs. And for that matter, the Mavs can't beat the Suns.

Pt being that we ARE still a very good team, and maybe, just maybe the Pats are one of those teams that give the Boys matchup nightmares. It doesn't mean the sky is falling or anything.