Twitter: Cowboys will sign DT Joe Vellano to PS

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He appears to be in marvelous physical condition.

9ffd03d0a8df460fb46ca874eebff343.jpg

John813

Reaction score
This article says he has no more practice squad eligibility. So I would assume he's being signed to the 53.

So, did his agent get it wrong, LOL, or was that typo in one of the earlier tweets?

Edit, wow didn't realize till now he was 29.

silver

Reaction score
So this means no Lewis Neal. Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. On another note, Richard Ash has been a pleasant surprise so far. Not a bad practice squad promotion.

Alexander

Reaction score
Sounds like Falcons fans were pretty glad to see him go:

And those were the ones without profanity.

I do wonder about the practice squad thing. His agent was copied on Charean Williams' Tweet and even pinned it , but did not correct her.

You would think if anyone knows if he has eligibility left, his agent would.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

I do wonder about the practice squad thing. His agent was copied on Charean Williams' Tweet and even pinned it , but did not correct her.

I never go by what a player did or did not do on another team. Different schemes, environment and players around him, can make a big difference on the way a player plays on his new team.

Sydla

Reaction score

No doubt he's a high effort guy. Marinelli probably has been having dreams about him for the past few days.

In reality, this is what you get when you half *** it at a position. They've undervalued the 1 tech for years and now are in a situation where they have to band aid the problem by signing grocery store bag boys like this guy and moving Collins from his better position to cover up their mistakes.

Frustrating.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I never go by what a player did or did not do on another team. Different schemes, environment and players around him, can make a big difference on the way a player plays on his new team.

Apparently he can get pushed back so far he'll take Sean Lee out of a play.

So there's that.

Sydla

Reaction score

Are you really holding out hope this guy somehow flourishes in this scheme?

Everyone keeps bringing up Irving but that's a terrible comparison. Irving actually had talent and skill but couldn't put it together in KC. This guy isn't even in the same stratosphere as Irving.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Photos like this are why I'd love to see the return of Iron Man football. Dudes like this can't even play every snap on defense, much less go both ways.

This guy did, even with a couple smokes! :laugh:

Chuck_Bednarik_Dies_Eagles_Legend_Pictures_Video.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
I am just warning some of you now, especially the ones who hate that I constantly point out the failures of the front office................

I am going to be pounding my proverbial fist the entire offseason about them finally investing in a real 1 Tech - sign a Bennie Logan, draft a legit 1 tech type, whatever. If they go the stock boy at Walmart route again, I am going to be unbearable and my "likes received" might actually start to decrease because so many will hate me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not exactly items you'd put on a resume...

:facepalm:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Are you really holding out hope this guy somehow flourishes in this scheme?

Everyone keeps bringing up Irving but that's a terrible comparison. Irving actually had talent and skill but couldn't put it together in KC. This guy isn't even in the same stratosphere as Irving.

That's left to be seen. I don't think that he is Irving calibre but he doesn't have to be. At the end of the day he has to be Price calibre and he can be that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Yikes! He's a softie -- looks like he'd make Pillsbury proud. (sigh)

It's fair to say Richard Ash should be smiling right about now!

Last edited:

Alexander

Reaction score
Photos like this are why I'd love to see the return of Iron Man football. Dudes like this can't even play every snap on defense, much less go both ways.

This guy did, even with a couple smokes! :laugh:

Chuck_Bednarik_Dies_Eagles_Legend_Pictures_Video.jpg

If that were a picture of Vellano, a half consumed Twinkie would be protruding from his mouth and he would have a cannoli in his left hand.