Cowboys won in spite of the defense

kskboys

Reaction score
The defense was on it's heels the entire 1st quarter from turnovers on the offense. The defense needs to play better but it's hard to catch your breath when the offense keeps turning it over and can't get a few first downs and you're constantly on the field.
The O sucked to start the game also.

Just because one sucked doesn't mean the other didn't also!!!!

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I love that DAK is my fantasy football QB. He's going to need 400 yards per game for us to win!

GMO415

Reaction score
When opposing teams get 19 yards on 4th down, you're Def ain't shhhhh.

Brax

Reaction score
The defense definitely needs to improve, but consider this ..

The Cowboys outscored the Falcons 40-19 over the last 3 quarters and the offense turned the ball over three times in the first quarter on their own half of the field and the defense held them to field goals on two of those turnovers.
Those type of facts do not count.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Our defense performance is a direct product of not enough time together to implement a new system. Right now its a mess with blown coverages and too many open receivers.

I do think there's a good possibility you see improvement as we go deeper into the season. The run defense hasn't been bad, but our coverage schemes and execution has been terrible.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The defense

Your answer?
I am not defending the defense (no pun intended), but in the first quarter, outside of the starting drive, the falcons got the ball on our end of the field, three times....and offense wasn't staying on the field long enough

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem is that your highest paid guys and highest drafted picks are all drastically underperforming or not on the field at all. There’s no fight or will in these guys; but you also can’t bench them because there’s nobody to replace them with.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Thankfully the Falcons receivers dropped some easy passes to help the defense out.